33: •̩̩͙•̩̩͙𝘊𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘍𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

AZARIAH SERENE:

AZARIAH SERENE:

"-and are you taking any pills for your panic attacks or anxiety lately?"

"I did... But uh.. I haven't intaked them since a month or two."

"May I ask why?"

I sighed and knew I had to tell her instead of wallowing in my thoughts and keeping it all bottled up.

"I feel like.. Uh... I feel like, very, un-normal....? Whenever I take medicines for my anxiety...." I suddenly grew very nervous although it was my second week now seeing the therapist.

"Why do you feel that way?"

"Uh..... I see people around me. They don't need any medicines. Taking medicines make me feel as if I have a problem and I am pathetically trying to solve it. Makes me the odd one out of everyone."

I looked back up at the therapist thinking she'll tell me how feeble I am and how I need to change myself but instead, she smiled at me and picked up her board and wrote something on it.

"I completely understand that."

My eyes widened. She does?

"I can understand why you feel such way from your view but let me tell you one thing, Azariah. You have to be selfish and take care of your mental health yourself. No one can do it for you."

Be selfish?

Isn't that what Zemen always says?

I sat there listening to her making sense of all she said. I thought I'd be the one being miserable and she will be treating me but instead, she was very friendly and made sure I felt comfortable.

She never rushed me to speak up or made me feel uncomfortable or out of place. Instead, she gave me tasks to do after our lessons. Like, breathing exercises, trying new activities and much more.

We haven't touched the topic of my father yet and I know she knows that it'll take a bit time for me to open up to her and I am glad she isn't rushing me.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Garcia." I bowed a little showing her my gratitude and appreciation.

"No need to thank me, Azariah. Just make sure you complete your task and we'll meet next monday."

I smiled and nodded at her and giving her a quick hug, I walked her out of the house giving her one last hug.

She really love hugs and I hate contact but seeing the smile on her face whenever I hug her, I think I can push my needs aside. Can't be selfish here.

I shut the main door and rushed upstairs and into Zemen's room where he was waiting for me.

I opened his door and saw him on the bed, on his phone. As soon as his head lifted, I ran up to him and threw my arms around him.