39: •̩̩͙•̩̩͙𝘚𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘩𝘢𝘦•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

ZEMEN ACÉTTA:

ZEMEN ACÉTTA:

"A nurse went into her room to give her food but came out screaming when he said he found her dead. We checked in and it was code red. Later on she flat lined, we tried fibrillator on her but it was too late. We are dearly sorry, sir."

I wanted to scream on the top of my lungs but I needed to respect the dead and the other patients in the hospital so without any other word, I left the hospital.

"Zemen!" I heard Bernice call after me but I didn't turn back.

"Déjalo ir, nena" (let him go, babe.)

After exiting the hospital doors, I sat down on the foot pavement just craddling my head in my hand, thinking about my life choices and what I will do now when I am all alone.

Loneliness never mattered to me unless it came to my family. And now looking at maa gone. I can say that it effected me a lot. A lot more than I ever thought.

I knew she would be gone one day. But never so early.

As I was in my thoughts, my peripheral vision caught onto something, capturing my attention.

I saw a black hooded man looking at me and as soon as we made eye contact, he started speed walking and I knew at once.

I got up and looking at me, his alarmed position took a run making me run after him.

He was the same nurse that screamed out to everyone that my mother had died.

"They found Seconal in her blood... "

No sound or reaction was emitted from Aera when I told her the news.

I looked up at her from her lap and saw her looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"I am okay... I-Iam okay. Continue.. " she sniffled and blinked furiously to push back her tears.

I sighed and continued.

"Apparently that nurse, also called...Alejandro's man, had injected Seconal in her food and she overdosed over it.. Causing her death.."

My eyes closed when her tear dropped on my cheek and Aera was quick to wipe it.

"S-sorry... It's just.. Bad... D-did you catch the man? What happened after you chased him?"

"He ran away."

"You... You didn't call your men to catch up to him?"

I shook my head.

"Why not?! You never let your targets get away!"

"Not now Aera. I am not in my right mind. I.. I don't know why I let him go. My legs couldn't move and I just rushed to my car driving here to calm myself down."