46: •̩̩͙•̩̩͙𝘈 𝘚𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘛𝘰 𝘚𝘦𝘦•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

AZARIAH SERENE:

AZARIAH SERENE:

I touched the soft book page feeling it under my finger tips as I flipped back to the previous page not understanding what it said, as I was too busy staring into nothingness.

"You had a miscarriage, Mrs. Acétta, rest from now on and just know it was no one's fault.... Please take care of yourself, I'll inform Mr. Acétta."

I closed the book, bending down and laying my head on it as I sat on my bed. I hated how I started hearing voices all over again feeling like I had done something wrong.

I am glad Zemen wasn't here to see me like this.

I had sent Zemen to his office very forcefully, needing some space.

I know I was depending on him even after all that happened, but his presence..... actually comforted me.

Sometimes I'd catch myself staring at him dumbfoundedly as I thought about the man who screamed at me and looked so disheveled just days ago, now feeding and bathing me, showing off his smile.

Whenever I'd look at him, either I'd remember his screams or his sweet words from before.

I touched my stomach. My baby.

I didn't even get to meet my little bundle of joy. They weren't even in my arms, hadn't even seen this cruel yet beautiful world and were already taken away from me.

How was it possible to miss someone you had never met before?

No answer.

I had no answer. I was again, left starked.

I looked outside the window to find little water droplets of rain, forming and running down the window just imitating the tears on my cheeks.... As if mocking me.

Weeks had passed by since all of that but the void in my heart is still there, present and growing bigger each second.

I felt helpless.... So, so helpless.

It was as if I was that little pathetic Azariah once again who only knew to cry and run away when problems chased after her.

••••••••••••••••••

I felt sweat dripping down my arm as I felt pins and needles feeling sitting on the chair.

"It's been a while Azariah."

I nodded and gulped looking at Levi, smiling at me.

"Levi I don't feel good living here. I just wanna leave... I-"

"Azzy. Stop panicking. Look. Why don't you talk to your therapist about this?"

I immediately shook my head. "I don't want to go back to her. I just got better a month ago. Please don't make me, Levi."