48: •̩̩͙•̩̩͙𝘈 𝘎𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘍𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

4 months later:

4 months later:

AZARIAH SERENE:

We just sat there calmly, looking at the waves clashing and tide raising. None of us saying a word.

I tore my eyes away from the perfection in front of me and stared at Zemen. "You remember how we confessed here?"

He nodded and looked back at me, his hair waving due to the wind, with his hands laid back on the sand as he stared at me.

"It seems like ages went by."

I looked away.

I bent my knees, resting my chin on them, closing my eyes and reopening them.

"It's crazy how I changed over the time being, from a scared girl to a woman......from having problems to having none."

While I uttered my heart out, Zemen said nothing but stared back at me with his head laid back on the blanket.

"You know, Problems are like rain.... The more you run away from it, the more you get soaked."

I glanced at him to see his head, leaning on his elbow. Him staring at me intensely.

"But once you seek shelter under an umbrella, you can just.... See and hear the rain, walking around, enjoying it not getting soaked..... You're like that umbrella for me."

I laid back and looked into his silver eyes. Beautiful.

"I can only see and hear my problems while you protect me from them."

I took a long sigh.

"It was like—..... like I found a place... A home?"

He twirled a strand of my hair around his finger slowly, caressing my hand while I just continued staring at him.

"Do you think omma is proud looking at me happy?"

"Mhmm" he caressed my cheek.

I closed my eyes leaning more into his touch. His warmth. His comfort.

"She used to come into my dreams, telling me the answer to my problems.... And later on I'd wake up, cold and lonely... But it'll solve the problem tho." I laughed lowly. "But now looking at it.... She's stopped visiting me....."

"Maybe she realized that her place has been taken?"

"Or maybe she's not proud."

I opened my eyes once his hand stopped.

"How could she not be, when I am so proud of you? I admire your mother for blessing me and making me feel like the luckiest guy in this selfish world, I mean, his daughter is mine afterall."

It wasn't until he swiped his thumb pad under my eyes that I realized I was crying.

"I just miss her so much."