REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XLV

You step up inside the airship and see people inside. Jean, Mikasa, Armin, Sasha, and Reiner are already inside the ship. There are two ships necessary for chasing Eren. Connie, Hange, Captain Levi, and Commander Erwin together with other soldiers are in the other ship.

You look at the Onyankopon who will be the one in charge of piloting the ship and give him a short smile before putting a map at the corner table. You sat there silently since you have nothing to say. The people inside the ship are silent as well. Everyone is too preoccupied with the thought about Eren and the bunch of Colossal Titans that he is manipulating.

At first, they didn't like the idea of letting Reiner inside the ship but upon explaining how Reiner helped you in your second phase plan, they eventually agreed. Reiner also told you that the other Marleyan Warriors are also after Eren. Pieck, Annie, Barney, and the others are using a yacht to chase after Eren.

You sigh and look around. Mikasa and Armin are having their sincere talk about Eren (they are the most affected ones here). Sasha is silently eating the bento that Niccolo prepared for her, and yup, she accepted Niccolo's proposal, too. Jean and Reiner are at the corner and facing each other.

The both are staring at each other intensely and no, not a single sexual tension is visible. They both look like they'll explode anytime soon and start fighting that's why you ignore the both of them and just focus on the plan.

It is more important than anything.

Jean looks at you, who's sitting at the other corner silently while staring at the map, before looking at Reiner in front of him. He faked a cough.

"I'm sorry for punching you," Jean started awkwardly, "I seriously enjoy it by the way."

Reiner gave him a small smile, "Yeah. I know."

"No, seriously, I can't wait to punch your face again but I don't want to do it anymore. I won't apologize again, but I hope we're good." Jean stated genuinely and averted his gaze to Reiner.

"We're good." Reiner replied, still smiling a little.

"Don't smile at me like that, it's creepy." Jean hissed and looked away. Reiner just looks at Jean calmly.

"Alright. I won't."

"You changed a lot," Jean whispered, "You've been through a lot too, yes? Depression makes you glow up?"

"I guess."

"Don't worry. I know after this, you will have a good life. That's why you better take care of yourself not just for you but for her." Jean mumbled, "You know what..."

Reiner didn't say anything as he waited for Jean to continue.