REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XXI

Your heart is beating rapidly in anticipation as you step in Marley, the country that you'll be infiltrating with Jean. You've never been there before but through the guidance of Yelena, the Marleyans who Commander Smith trust, you are able to keep calm in every situation.

Jean walks beside you and you can't stop the frown building in your face. Your disguise is heavy but it's fine as long as you don't look like yourself. The mustache is also itchy and your specular glasses makes you look like an old man. It's a good thing.

"If ever you cross path with Reiner, never look in his eyes." Jean warned and you nodded. He kept on saying those words. He says that I can talk to Reiner in this disguise but I must never look in his eyes.

And you know with all your heart the reason why.

"I know, and I'll make sure I won't ever cross path with him." You replied, partly lying.

Of course you want to see Reiner but you don't know how you will approach him or how he will approach you. The best thing about your situation right now is the fact that you are an entirely different person and you're safe from being recognized as yourself.

"Tss, don't lie. I know how you badly wanted to see that traitor," Jean muttered, "Focus on the mission, (Y/N). Don't let your emotion burden our goals. I know you are aware of that."

"It's irrational," You replied and give Jean a smile, "I'll be fine, don't mind me. Mind yourself. Don't be reckless, Jean, think before you act, alright? Let's meet at the center town later at 9:00 pm. I'll be in charge with the informations and you'll be in charge with the geographic."

Jean nodded, "I'll meet you later. Be safe." He stated those words with seriousness before he bid his goodbye and starts walking away.

Time to do the mission.

You are silently walking around the place while observing how the people act, how they interact with others, and how they talk. They're like humans. Like Eldians. Everyone are enjoying their selves. You can't help but to look at the different products inside the wall that seems new to you. Everything are unique and they look special.

While walking and blending in the crowd, a single thing caught your eye. It looks sticky and tasty. You blink cluelessly as you walk towards the thing. A vendor is taking care of it.

"Uh, what is this?" You asked, modulating your voice to sound like an old man. Your eyes are glued to the colorful sticky stuff that you've never seen before.

The vendor laugh, "You don't know what an ice cream is?"

You blink once again in confusion. Ice cream? What's that? Can it kill the titans?

"Ice cream?" You asked as you consciously observe the stuff. It might contain poison or it can be explosive, "Is it safe?"