REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XVI

"Y/N!" A voice echoed from nowhere as you feel your body getting carried by someone, but due to the rapid motion of events, the man who helped you fall in the ground as well making the both of you roll in the ground. You groan in pain.

Because of an intense force, your body is thrown away but thankfully, you're still alive. The man runs weakly towards you and ask if you're alright.

"Jean," You whispered as your body feels painful, you are unable to move for a minute, "Thank you."

Jean nodded as he lay his hands to help you, "Don't die, (Y/N). The survey corps need you. We need you."

You tried to smile with his words but your lips won't curve. Jean stared in your face in shock and before you realized it, you are already crying. Tears are flowing freely in your cheeks.

"Did it hurt that much?" Jean asked referring to your physical situation.

"It does, it's hurts a lot," You answered, referring to your heart.

It hurts. It's painful. It's agonizing.

Jean helps you stand up. Your maneuver gear is already ruined due to the impact of falling but then you tried to walk deliberately towards a dead soldier who died from falling. You whispered a condolence before you get his gear and wear it.

"You have to stay here," Jean started, "It's not safe behind that wall."

You didn't listen as you buckled the gear up, securing that it won't fall in your body. You are ready and prepared. It's painful, too damn painful to get betrayed by the person you trust the most but—

"I have to do my responsibility as a soldier," You whispered before aiming the gear in the wall and floating towards where Reiner is.

You sigh and tried to stop your tears as you stand up at the top of the wall. Reiner and Eren are fighting. They are doing a combat battle in their titan forms and you can't believe that Reiner is a titan.

You got smashed by a titan.

You stayed silent for a moment as you stared at the both of them, striking each other with such forces. Reiner looks strongly willed to defeat Eren. He's different from the gentle and reliable Reiner that you used to know— of course, gentle and reliable not in the aspect of pleasure.

"Reiner, you scam." You whispered as the wind blows freely.

Aside from the pain of betrayal, you can't get angry with what Reiner is doing. Your heart feels burdened but you can't hate him— you just can't. Despite of betraying you, there's still a lot of trust in your heart and you can't get yourself to hate the titan who betrays your team.

Damn it, Reiner, you haven't explained your side yet.