REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XLIII

"There are internal and political conflicts here in Eldia and Queen Historia and Ymir will take care of them. For now, what we've talked about for this war must be prioritized." Erwin stated firmly.

Your heart is beating fast in anticipation. The ambience around the entire place is serious and suffocating. Everyone who is still alive after witnessing such a scenario lately is restless. Everyone wants peace but they all know that this is quite hard to grasp at this moment.

"All of our aerial ships are prepared. It is because of the Azumabito clan's help. We will use those airships to pursue Eren and stop him." Commander Smith added.

You remained silent. You remembered when the Azumabito clan arrived to talk to Mikasa. You found out that they are influential enough and after Kiyomi Azumabito, the ambassador who had talked to Mikasa was finished talking to her, you ask for her time and ask a really important favor to her without everyone knowing.

"Are you sure? I don't know why you are asking me these things all of the sudden but if you think that it will help everyone, I will gladly grant it." Kiyomi muttered in sincerity.

You nodded, "It is my pleasure. If you must, please let this conversation remain as confidential as possible."

"I will do what I can. It is the least way I can help you. I will have you back and I won't tell anyone about what we just talked about."

"(Y/N), are you listening?" Erwin asked, making you look at him in confusion.

"Yes?"

"I need your opinion as to what exact location are we going to stop Eren?" He asked.

You blink and look at the map in front of you that is pasted on the wall. You clench for you for a second before answering, "Here. In the midst of the ocean located near this island. South west. We will be dividing ourselves. Those divided groups will use the airships provided to us."

Erwin nodded, "We will start moving in an hour. Everyone must prepare!"

Everyone starts moving on their own and you also silently walk away from them. You just remembered some people. Gabi and Falco, where are they? Did Pieck bring them to a safer place?

You run towards the jail to see if they are there but they're nowhere to be found. You try to think of possible things that you might be disregarding at the moment, and your feet start running on their own towards the nearest base where most soldiers stay. No one is seen there as the place is already abandoned. There is silence inside it and you are the only person inside the huge base. You start walking and hear the weak echoes from your footsteps. You walked and walked until you reached a certain room where Commander Smith used to stay, it was his office. It is also your office whenever Commander Smith is doing something more, you are the one using the room.

As you enter inside, you lock the door of the room and start walking near the bookshelves where different books are documents are being put together. You start getting the books in the corner part of the shelf and sigh in relief as you see the small notebook in which you find the important information out. You check it and scan to see if you are forgetting something but you see nothing.