REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XIV

"Dedicate your heart, soldiers. Fight for the humanity. This will be the breakthrough for us, humans, and we will defeat the titans!"

Commander Erwin Smith's voice echoed all over the place. The soldiers inside the room nodded as they start forming into a group assigned to them.

You went towards the horse near Commander Smith since you are his assistant in tactical battles, and before the horse starts moving, you give Reiner a short quick glance.

You know he's the one who wrote the letter and you badly want to ask him for an explanation. You can't understand him at all but you trust him with all your heart. At this moment, only one thought is running in your mind.

Be safe.

Reiner's eyes contains a lot of emotions— and burdens, ones that you can't fully understand as of the moment. But one thing for sure is the fact that Reiner, without a doubt, is filled of confusion and advance regret for something.

"(Y/N), focus on the mission. Braun can handle himself. For now, you have to do what you must," Commander Smith stated in a calm tone as you nodded.

He knows about your relationship with Reiner since he literally sees some love marks in your neck and he hears you moan— you reddened in embarrassment as you remember that moment.

"I understand, Commander." You muttered in response before looking away from Reiner and focusing on your path.

Be safe, Reiner.

It's been hours and you are still in the horse as all of the survey corps conducts their expedition beyond the wall.  Captain Nanaba's team, together with Reiner and the others are assigned in a different place, while your team is assigned for the wall expedition since there's an information regarding a hole in Wall Rose.

Thankfully, there are no holes seen in the walls but the existence of some titans are confusing. You are mentally noting the informations around you while observing the possible scenarios that happened recently.

But the thought of Reiner keeps on bugging in your head.

"Commander," You called for Erwin as you went closer to his location, "When will we set our bait?"

Erwin slowed down his horse, "Tomorrow morning. Are you ready?"

You nodded. You've been preparing for this day. You are aware of all the hypothetical worse case scenarios.

"I am, Commander. I hope everything will turn out well."

Your heart feels uncomfortable. Your mind is speculating a lot of probabilities but your heart wants to disagree with those.

"It's now or never, Cadet. If we manage to capture the traitors, we'll be able to get the valuable information about everything."

"I know, Commander, it's just that—" You stopped in the mid-way, unable to utter the words inside your head.

It's just that I have a bad feeling about this.

"It's just what, Cadet?"

"Nothing, Commander," You replied, "I hope Captain Nanaba's team are doing fine."

Erwin nodded and talk to you about few things as you continue to explore beyond the walls.

Despite of the tranquility beyond everything, since you haven't encountered a titan yet in the current expedition, there's this troubling feeling about the plan for tomorrow.

It feels like tomorrow will change everything.

"What happened here?" Captain Levi asked in disbelief as you arrived in the ruins filled with a lot of dead titans. The tower seems like it has been destroyed by such means, and the group of Reiner looks tired as hell.

"There's a huge monkey and a lot of titans starts attacking us. Captain Nanaba and her comrades got eaten. Ymir is lowkey a titan and shit happens, thankfully there's this what you called plot armor and we are still alive," Connie Springer stated as he looks at Captain Levi.

Ymir is a titan?

Wait, what's happening? Is there a possibility that the traitor that we are talking about is someone who can transform into a titan?

Like Annie.

You take a step backwards. It's a part of the plan to let the troops stay in the ruin but it's never a part of the plan to get them attacked by those titans.

Again, a lot of people died.

You walk towards Reiner's direction and tried to approach him. You also see his arms wrapped in a bondage. He's hurt.

"Reiner, are you alri—"

"Please. Not now, (Y/N)." He cutted your words without looking in your eyes as he turns around and starts walking away from you.

I-is he avoiding me?

You are looking at him as he starts walking away and your heart feels burdened for a moment. You know something is wrong but as much as possible, you want to understand Reiner. He might have been through a lot of things last night.

All that matters to you is he's safe. You are thankful because he's safe.

Still, you can ignore that pang of pain in your heart as you see him walk away from you.

>>>