REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XLI

"Don't shoot her, please," Gabi whispered, "If you kill her... even if she's a devil... he will be sad. I don't want to see him sad and messed up like what he used to be. That's why, don't kill her."

"Gabi." You muttered, shocked with how she is protecting you for Reiner's sake.

"Gabi, move." Pieck started dangerously but Gabi continued to protect you.

"No," Gabi replied firmly, "I-"

Before she can continue her words, an explosion arises from outside. Gunshots start to echo around the area and Pieck immediately moves to protect Gabi and Falco.

Before you walk away from them, your eyes meet Gabi and she's now looking at you gently.

Her eyes are telling you something and you know exactly what it is. You give Gabi a smile before you run outside and grab your own gun hidden inside your pocket. You started running towards where you should be at the moment. The next phase is starting now, and it will be bloody, you're sure of it.

You can't forget Gabi's eyes that says the words, "Protect Reiner for me."

You run towards where Commander Smith is and you see him looking calm as ever. He gives you a short nod before the both of you prepare your 3D maneuver gear.

"Everyone is in their designated position." Erwin stated as he started walking ahead, going towards the battlefield in Eldia.

The Marleyan's being in this place is a part of your plan. You know that this will happen and the attack on Marley is just an oil to increase the fire within Marley. That is why you planned to destroy the base of Marleyan to make them unable to level Eldia in fighting for a moment. All of it is for a certain reason, and that is something that you must not state for now.

All the Eldian soldiers are on their position. For the past few days, you've been busy instructing everyone what they have to do together with Commander Smith. Jean, on the other hand, seems to be more aloof to you and you understand why he seems to distance himself from you.

His heart needs healing, that's certain.

Everything is prepared, and the only hole of your plans is Yelena and Zeke. You may not fully understand it yet— though you have a list of possibilities— but you know that they are planning something unwanted that can be a total opposite of what you planned. You know they're up to something, and it has something to do with the titans.

You are now facing a huge and spacious part of Eldia. The Civilians had already gone somewhere safe. This place is where you will welcome the arriving Marleyans. It is also a battlefield for everyone.

The third phase.

The battalions of Marleyans are shooting their guns in the direction of the Eldian soldiers and the latter are doing the exact same thing, too. You look at Erwin's direction and he looks really courageous with what is happening.