REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XLII

Jean is clenching his fist, ready to punch the man in front of him at any moment.

"Shit." He murmured and Reiner is still there looking at him with a calm expression, "I fucking hate you."

"Jean." Reiner calls him out.

Jean runs towards Reiner and throws a hard punch on his face, making Reiner take a step backward. Despite getting punched, aside from the fact that he's still hot as ever, he didn't look offended at all. He just accepted Jean's punch.

"Don't you dare call my name, you damn traitor!" Jean exclaimed and punched him again, this time, harder.

Reiner receives all his punches without saying anything. Deep inside him, he knows that he deserves it all. He knows that those punches are not enough after what he has done to everyone.

"Where...," Jean throws a punch, "...Is...," He throws another punch, "...She!?"

"She's safe." Reiner whispered and spit some blood. Jean is breathing hard as he feels his knuckles getting painful after punching Reiner repeatedly.

A smoke appears on Reiner's bruises from Jean's violence as his wounds miraculously vanish. Jean let out an annoyed chuckle.

"Damn it," He laughs in a hilarious manner as he later on clench his jaw and his expression changes into a serious one, "Every time I see (Y/N) cry, it has always something to do with you. Just how long are you going to hurt her badly?"

Reiner stayed silent.

"Answer me, damn it! Reiner... you fucker... there's a time when she's spacing out and tear would suddenly fall on her cheeks because despite of all the pain that you've inflicted her, she still loves you so much that it fucking hurts!" Jean gritted his teeth as he held Reiner's collar violently.

Reiner stood still without fighting back. Guilt and pain are visible in his eyes. He hates himself so fucking much and he hates himself for being the cause of your tears.

"Tell me, do you really love her?" Jean asked as his fist on Reiner's collar tightened, "Or you only love the idea of her loving you?"

Reiner firmly grasps Jean's fist who are tightly grabbing his collar before putting it away from him. He looks straight in Jean's eyes.

"I love her." Reiner stated, "I will never lie about it."

"Then why the fuck would you hurt the person you love!?" Jean shouted and gave Reiner a glare filled with pain, "I-I'm willing to love her more than you do, I'm willing to wipe away all her tears, but she still chooses you."

Silence. There is a deafening silence, "I'm sorry." Reiner's genuine voice breaks it as he gives Jean a reassuring look, "I will protect her."