REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XXII

No, Reiner's not gay. He's not gay. He's good in bed— I mean he's good at the top of the rock and he's straight as Eren's latest hair.

So why would he say such? You're currently disguised as a man and he finds your eyes beautiful? Did Reiner like older men?

Oh god— is Reiner in love with Commander Pixis that's why he can't love you back?

"Is it?" You asked back and chuckled, "You're great at joking, son."

Reiner didn't reply but he's smiling sadly for some reason.

"Are you really like this, son?" You asked in curiosity, "Do you usually help older strangers like what you are doing currently?"

For you, it's weird for him to lead you when you just met a moment ago. Unless he knows who you are—

No. It's impossible. Even Mikasa can't recognize you with your current disguise so it's impossible for him to know your real identity.

"Not really, Sir," Reiner replied still in a polite manner, "I just feel like I need to help you."

While walking, you nodded. Your eyes are still observing the surrounding but your eyes landed on the badge in his arms.

"Your badge looks good." You muttered. You know that it's a symbol of Marleyan warriors and despite of what Reiner did, you're proud of him for acquiring such badge.

"Does it?" Reiner replied and breath deeply, "It's not as good as it seems, Sir."

"Hmmm, why is that?" You are talking to him calmly as you are also observing your surroundings.

Reiner didn't reply for a moment.

"If you don't want to answer it, it's fine." You added as you finish eating your ice cream. You're holding his handkerchief tightly.

"This badge is a symbol of honor for my home country but it's a symbol of disgrace for some people dear to me." He stated in a calm manner, but it's deliberate and sincere.

"Why would it be a symbol of disgrace if they are the people dear to you?" You asked once again.

"To gain my honor, I've hurt some people— someone that I value the most." He whispered and the cold breeze of air touches your skin.

You tried to maintain your calm expression upon hearing his words.

You gently pat his shoulders, "Our life is filled with choices, son. It's a complex concept. It's hard to distinguish if what you do is the right or the wrong thing but you can still do better things while you are breathing."