REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XXX

You hear continuous canyons bombing your direction but Reiner is still holding you closely. You sit on his palm and lean on his chest as you state a lot of things that Reiner won't possibly be able to hear.

He's busy with the canyons for Pete's sake. Although, you don't really care about the canyons. What matters the most is you telling him all the shits inside you.

Before things come to an end.

"I did see your tears that night, Reiner. I did hear your words clearly. You should have not hurt me, but you did. You fucking did."

Canyons still continue which are good because the noise from it will prevent Reiner from hearing you.

"You fucking hurt me to the bones that even forget I exist for a short period of time. After I woke up from months of healing since the accident, I called for your name. Again and again. I was shouting that time until my voice gave up as I felt myself going crazy. I almost turn insane, Reiner, because I'm fucking madly in love with you but you fucking ruined me."

You hear bombings from outside but you're still chilling like a villain inside Reiner's grip as you spoke your heart out.

"I almost turned insane but I realized, I won't be able to properly see you someday if I lost myself. Ironic, right? You ruined me big time but you also gave me the strength to keep on moving forward."

You hear screaming from outside, blood spilling, and bone cracking, but you just turn deaf on those things since you are having your moment inside Reiner.

"You've hurted me, Reiner, but I'm sorry," You whispered and touched a part of his armored hand, "I'm sorry I didn't know that you have also been through a lot of pain. I didn't know the pressures that you've been through for your country. I realized as I stayed here on Marley for a short period of time how important your mission is. You are just doing your part. I'm sorry I wasn't able to understand and comprehend your burdens at that time at all. I wasn't able to comfort you. You are all alone, and I feel fucked up too knowing that I wasn't there for you when you need me the most."

A tear falls in your eyes as you gently touch his palm.

"I'm sorry, I should have been there for you. I want to tell you that I never hated you. I just can't. I do understand you with all of my heart. I will not judge your choices. You've been a traitor to Eldia but I feel as if everything you show me is the truth. I love you, Reiner. I do. I want to at least tell these words to you before I die or something. I might die and my soul will never rest in peace unless I tell you how much I love you. It doesn't matter if you don't feel the same. I just want you to be happy. I would give everything to make you feel free."

You freeze when Reiner keeps you close to his heart as he protects you. You close your eyes and spread your arms towards him as if you're hugging Reiner.

"Ah, I want to rest," You whispered and feel his warmth in your skin, "I want to be with you but I can't. There are responsibilities around my shoulders and I do understand how important it is, same as how important your previous mission is. We are somehow alike in that aspect."