REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter IXX

"No," Reiner muttered in a calm expression, "It's fine. There are some things that I can say."

Everyone are silent as they are aiming to hear Reiner's story.

Reiner breath deeply as he speaks, "It was true hell. All of them are indeed devils. They are cruel and barbarous."

Reiner mutters those words in seriousness while his family are listening intensively. Gabi is staring at Reiner while aiming for what will happen next in his story.

"Like during our induction ceremony, someone suddenly started eating a potato. When our instructor yelled at her, she answered that she stole it because it looks tasty. Even that villain must have realized that she's in a bad spot." Reiner started.

His family are still listening but some are confuse with what Reiner is saying.

"There are different kinds of people. There's this someone who goes to bathroom to say he forgot why he goes there, an irresponsible jerk, a way too responsible jerk, a pain in the ass who wants vengeance and his pain in the ass followers," Reiner stated, "All of them are different and there stood us."

Gabi's eyes widened upon hearing Reiner's story, "B-But they're cruel, right? They're evil, right?"

Reiner didn't replied.

"Yes, Gabi, they are." Karina stated as she pats Gabi's shoulder, "They're ruthless devil—"

"And then there's this woman," Reiner whispered out of nowhere, "She's pure evil."

His fist are shaking below the table as his breath tightened upon saying those words. He wants to see you so damn bad. He wants to bury your head in his chest while hugging you tightly. He wants to kneel and apologize for what he has done.

He wants to see you badly.

"Why? Did she used you and did brutal things with you, Reiner?" Gabi asked in confusion.

Reiner smiled sadly as he looks in the food in front of him.

"She's cruel beyond reasonable doubt," Reiner started, "Her evil heart is too pure. She's a villain who trusted me and did ruthless thing such trusting me with all her heart. She's brutal in the aspect of hurting her own emotions recklessly because she believes in me more than anyone else. She's certainly a devil."

A devil whom I'm falling for.

"R-Reiner..." Karina muttered in disbelief with what her son is saying.

"She's the most cruel evil individual in my eyes," Reiner whispered while clenching his fist, "That even her presence haunts me every second."

An evil whom I will gladly stay with.

"I'm sorry. If you'll excuse me." Reiner stands up, turn around, and leave the people in dining table.

(Y/N)...

As Reiner closes the door a tear fall in his eyes. The image of you bleeding to death can't leave his mind. He's praying that you're safe and still alive.

He remembers the last time that he sees you.

"I know you will come here." Commander Erwin stated without looking at the man behind him.

He's currently outside the door of your room. You're still unconscious and fighting for you life.

"Please let me see her." The man in a black cloak stated in a mere whisper.

Erwin sigh, "You know that I'm aware how you betray us, don't you? At this very moment, I can kill you. First for betraying Eldia, second for inflicting pain on (Y/N)."

"Kill me if you must, but please let me see her for one last time, Commander Smith."

Erwin sigh and lends his hands in the door. The man stiffened unable to believe that Erwin is letting him see you.

"10 minutes. After that, I'll be your enemy, Braun."

Reiner politely nodded as he went inside the room. He closes the door leaving the both of you alone with each other. You are laying in the bed with your body covered in bandage. Blood are still visible in the white bandages. It's been two days since it happens and Reiner did everything to infiltrate the camp and check your state.

Thankfully, Erwin helped him. Erwin Smith actually help him to see you.

"(Y/N)," Reiner whispered as he sit in a chair beside your bed, "I'm sorry."

Your eyes are close and your breathing is unstable. Reiner stares at your face and he can feel his heart tightened in pain.

"I've hurt you, didn't I? I told you, I won't be there to save you but you still want to protect me despite of everything."

Reiner gently holds your hands, "Tomorrow I will go back to Marley, I hope you'll be fine. I hope that I'll see you again."

"You can hate me for as long as you want, (Y/N). As long as you'll live, everything will be fine. I can live with your loath as long as I know you're alive."

Reiner holds your hands as he gently kisses it. Tears are falling in his eyes.

"Please hate and forget me, (Y/N). I don't deserve your love and your trust. I'm a broken man." Reiner stands up as he wipes his tears.

He looks in your unconscious feature for the last time as he slowly lean forward to give a gentle kiss in your forehead.

"Please be better, (Y/N). I don't deserve such kind heart and trust. Still, it won't change the fact that I've fallen in love with you."

He turns around and starts taking a step away from you. His heart tightens. This is where he's good at.

He's always good at leaving you behind.

>>>