REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XI

"Historia, have you seen Reiner?" You gently asked the blonde girl who is currently talking to Ymir. They seems really close, well they are.

Historia smiles sweetly in return, "I think I saw him with Bertoto in the training camp."

You nodded, "He's with burntoast?"

"Reiner is having a serious conversation with burturtle." Ymir added.

"What are they talking about? Burrito seems uncomfortable with everyone these past few days."

Ymir put her arms around Historia's shoulders as she shrugged, "Probably because Boruto's been depress with something."

"I see, I'll go see Reiner and Burutel. Thank you," You walk away and went directly to where Reiner is.

It's been a week and the time of the mission is coming closer as well. You want to talk to Reiner about something. This future mission is quiet dangerous so you want to do everything to protect him at all cost. You can't lose him.

As you walk to his location, you see two tall figures in the corner of the training camp, away from the others. They are in the hidden part of the place so you carefully approach them. They didn't notice you at all and before you can call for Reiner, Berturoto stated something that makes you stop in your pace.

"You are a warrior, Reiner. Don't you ever forget that. We are here for a mission. Focus."

Reiner didn't replied anything. You hide in the nearest tree to listen to their conversation. It seems interesting.

"I don't think I can still do it—"

"What? We've come this far! You're going to ignore the years of our hardships for that useless emotions of yours?" Burtoldo seems angry with something and it has something to do with Reiner.

"This is different, Beritot," Reiner replied in a low tone, "I can't hurt her—"

You are listening intensely until a soldier went towards your direction and wave at you. Your eyes widened with the gesture.

Shit.

You slowly went out from the tree and tried to maintain a calm smile at the two talking soldiers. Bertle's shock expression confuses you while Reiner didn't give you a direct eye contact.

"Are you here since lately?" Bokuto asked in a nervous tone.

You tried to give them a calm expression with a reassuring smile, "No. I just got here."

"Is that so? Nice to see you, (Y/N)," Burutel stated before giving you a really kind smile, enough to make you feel creeped out. He also faced Reiner and he gently pats his shoulders before walking away together with the soldier.

You are now alone with Reiner at this moment and he's still avoiding a glance.

"Can we talk, Reiner?"

Reiner didn't look in your eyes as he is trying to breath normally. He straightened and tried to cough before saying something.

"About what?"

The both of you are just meters away from each other. It's too close but you feel like he's a thousand miles away from you. You are in front of Reiner but you feel like you can't reach him at all.

He's close yet so far.

"Look in my eyes, Reiner, look at me." You stated in a calm tone, trying to hide the confusion in your voice. You can't understand what's happening but Reiner seems uncomfortable with the thought of you hearing his conversation with Bakugo.

Reiner slowly looks directly in your eyes, locking the gazes and closing the gap between the both you, and there you can see his eyes filled with emotions that you can't clearly identify.

"Don't move, (Y/N)," Reiner stated in a serious tone, "Please, don't move."

You can see his eyes glistening with moist, and his expressions feels like he's in the darkest pit of agony.

"Reiner are you alri—"

Before you can finish your words, Reiner walked towards you and cage you with his warm embrace. Your eyes widened but you let him hug you. Your face are buried in his chest and you can feel his unstable breathing and erratic heart beats. Reiner embraces you with care as if he's afraid to lose you, as if you're the only person that keeps him alive all this time.

"Reiner, I'm here," You whispered, "You're not alone."

Reiner didn't say a word. He's just hugging you, feeling your warmness, as his body started to relaxed. You feel comfortable with his embrace and you let him hug you for god knows how long.

After a while Reiner stated something out of nowhere, "This world is cruel for the both of us, (Y/N)."

Reiner gently touches your cheeks and give a soft and calm kiss in your forehead before he turns his back and starts walking away from you.

You can't say anything. You can't understand what Reiner stated. All you know is a single tear falls in your cheeks as you are looking at Reiner walking away from you.

It seems like everything is clear in his head. He's walking in the path that he wants to choose. And you have this agonizing feeling that the path he chooses to walk on is the path that will tear the both of you apart.

What's happening, Reiner? I can't understand you at all.

>>>