REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XL

It's been two weeks since the explosion of the Marleyan base occurred and at this moment, Pieck, together with the other warriors, are now in Eldia. Their main priority is to rescue Gabi and Falco who are now in Eldia's prison. Reiner is also there with them.

You are currently guarding Gabi and Falco inside the jail and you make sure that they are eating well since they are kids and kids don't deserve to get hungry. You are not aware of the happenings outside the prison. At the moment, you just feel nostalgic with the fact that you are inside the prison of Eldia to guard two Marleyans.

A total uno reverse card.

You also remembered what happened in the prison of Marleyan... you love it.

You are currently sitting in front of Gabi and Falco, the two Marleyan kids that almost killed Sasha, while they are glaring at you silently. You don't know them at all but they look a little bit familiar for some reason. You are now waiting for the next phase of the plan and since you have nothing to do, you volunteered to be with the Marleyan prisoners. You've been with them for hours and they are still not speaking and just glaring at you.

"Are you hungry? How do you feel?" You asked gently while leaning on the wall and looking at them calmly.

"Why do you care? You're just a devil." Gabi, the girl kid, stated harshly but you didn't change your gentle expression.

Marleyans really think of us as devils, it's inevitable.

"How do you know that we are devils?" You asked calmly.

"You kill a lot of people and did a lot of things. You've done things that are unforgivable. That's how greedy you are in power. That's how terrible you are as a person." Gabi stated angrily and it makes you feel a slight pang of pain inside your chest.

Maybe she's right in that aspect. I may be a devil because of what I did.

"But Eldians, innocent Eldians, are also killed because of many reasons and Marley is a factor of that. Will you call them a devil, then?" You asked in a gentle manner.

Gabi didn't answer for a second but then she glared at you, "Does that mean you need to kill innocent people in Marley, too? My friends were killed when you attacked last time. Do they deserve it?"

"...I will never be able to justify our actions and I am deeply sorry for that. I know you will never forgive us for that." You answered humbly.

"Nothing changes. You're just a devil after all. You are worse than trash. All of you. We despise your blood, all of you." Gabi blurted out and it made you smile sadly.

"I see. You guys hate Eldians that much?" You took a gentle sigh, "I do understand you. You have a reason to feel that way, too."