REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XV

Everyone gathered as they are using pulley to help people get at the top of the wall to cross there.

You breath deeply as you prepared yourself. You get everyone's attention.

"Everyone," You stated in a calm manner, "Last night we found a huge hole at the southern part of Wall Rose," Lies, "A lot of people died. And so, Commander Smith decided to transfer Eren Jaeger in a secret facility in which they will train and conduct experiments around his body to be able to find the best way to fight the titans."

Mikasa's eyes widened, same as the other survey corps— mostly Eren's friends.

"We'll transfer him this morning. And so, as I would like to commend, please go directly to wall Sina for further documentations regarding what happened here last night."

"But it's confusing, why are you transferring him suddenly?"

"Because the officials inside the walls are threatening to kill Jaeger, at this moment, they are on their way to capture him and kill him." You stated as you remained relaxed.

"You might not be able to see Jaeger again after this," You muttered and look at the shock expression of Eren, "If you may, Eren."

Eren walks towards you with a questioning look. Mikasa wants to stop you but Armin manages to calm her down. You guided Eren as you walk towards the horses.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Wait."

You did your best to prevent yourself from clenching your fist as someone behind you speak. Got you.

"Can we talk to Eren for a moment?"

It was Birthcontrol.

And behind him stands Reiner, who is still avoiding eye contacts with you.

"Sure." You replied but your eyes are pasted to Reiner.

He's not looking in your direction and you have an idea why. You know the reason why.

Eren nodded as he followed Bermonths and Reiner, making you clench your fist as you are standing behind their figures.

Please, don't make my hypothesis correct.

Eren, Reiner and the other one looks serious as they are talking about something. You are just a meters away from then as you listen to their conversations. Reiner is the one who's talking and every words that comes out of his mouth feels like an invisible dagger to your chest. It's seems like an invisible rope that straggles your neck.

As minutes passed by, you feel it more difficult to breath. You know where this is going. Eren is the perfect bait and the one getting baited— they wanted to obtain Eren a lot.

Reiner's gaze landed on your direction as his expression changed into guilt and miser. Your thoughts stopped when Reiner says something.

"I-I am the Armored Titan and he's the Colossal Titan."

You can't process those words and you know he's saying something in addition as well but before you can absorb everything, a light devours the place as Reiner and Benedictus transforms into their titan forms.

Your mind went blank. You can feel the portion of the wall getting destroyed and the part where you are standing are thrown because of an intense force from their transformation but you can't move. All you know is you can feel your body falling to the ground and you feel numb.

Shit.

You know it all along, you know it but you always resist the thought.

You are falling freely in the air as your vision focuses on the titan wrapped in an armor at the top of the wall. He's not moving as well as he stares directly at you.

The armored titan— the one who kill the precious people in my life.

For a moment, you feel like the time stopped.

Reiner, in his titan form, is looking down at you and you don't know what he is thinking at the moment.

A single tear falls in your eyes.

"There is a traitor?"

"Don't worry, we'll be able to find out who that traitor is."

"Living beyond the walls freely doesn't feel like freedom at all."

"Don't move, (Y/N), please, don't move."

"The moonlight is like this when I first see you here, you look really beautiful in the midst of the forest."

Tears keep falling in your eyes as your heart tightened from unexplainable pain. It feels shattered and crushed into pieces and you can't grasp for air as you look in those pair of eyes.

Betrayal.

"Next week, the mission will start. Stay safe, (Y/N). I might not be there to keep you safe."

"Will you still love me after whatever that are about to happen?"

"I don't want to hurt you, (Y/N)."

"Don't love me."

"You will understand everything, (Y/N)."

"Your eyes are beautiful, you are beautiful."

I think I'm finally able to comprehend everything, Reiner.

"This world is cruel for the both of us, (Y/N)."

With a last breath, you close your eyes as you wait for your death.

>>>