REINER BRAUN X READER

Chapter XLIV

SIDE STORY 1:

"Eren, you have people that you want to protect, don't you? Once you accomplish the plan, things will turn out well. I know you have seen them all through Historia, and you just have to follow the flow of events. I will give you my heart, but don't think of it as your debt. I'm giving it to you willingly because I have my own ideals, too. Protect it, Eren. Protect the peace that you are dreaming of. In order to do it, you know what you must do." Zeke stated as he sat on a chair with Eren in front of him.

"I need to protect the Titan's Heart, don't I? I should have just break it in order to break free from all these titan's power. I know." Eren replied with his eyes filled with pain, "I know I won't be able to do it. I won't be able to protect them. Mikasa and Armin will die."

Zeke leans on his chair and sips a cup of tea, "You can't break the foundation of every titan's power with ease. You need to have an intense desire to protect someone, an extreme feeling of love for someone, and the most crucial thing is, you need to sacrifice your own heart in order to break it. If those emotions are not enough, you'll die in vain. If you were to break the Titan's Heart, the conflict implanted in every country for the Paradis would grow even further, and it would take a short amount of time for them to kill every Eldians in this world. If you were to break the Titan's Heart, you won't be able to protect the ones you love. You know that already, don't you?"

"I should just kill the humanity in this world and bear the sin alone in my shoulders for the Eldians to live freely, that's what you are suggesting, isn't it, Zeke?"

Zeke nodded, "You are aware that it will happen eventually, Eren. You've seen it."

"The future won't change then." Eren whispered, clenching his knuckles with the idea of killing innocent people for the better.

"We don't know yet." Zeke mumbled, "I'm ready, Eren. Kill me."

Eren didn't move for a second but his eyes are as emotionless as ever. They are empty and filled with sadness. They are filled with void.

"You should ask Captain Levi to kill you." Eren suggested, doing his best to avoid looking at Zeke with extreme anguish. Zeke is also his brother, one that he can never kill.

"He won't let me die," Zeke smiles, "He hates me a lot but he can't put me into my death. I guess he still has heart."

"Zeke." Eren calls out, making Zeke look at him waiting for his words, "Should I...really kill you?"

Zeke smiles with a little hint of sadness, "For everyone, of course."

SIDE STORY 2:

"Oi, Erwin." Levi called out as he readied the gear and the weapons that they will use, "Don't you dare die, do you understand?"

Erwin gave Levi a short smile, "What's with the sudden words?"

"I just... don't like seeing people die.'' Levi stated calmly, "At least do your best to live and not give up your life unless its necessary."

"Levi," Erwin muttered in a calm and sincere tone, "You've been a great friend of mine. You've always been looking out for me. Thank you."

Levi didn't say a word.

"One more thing, whatever happens, you know I will always be with you, don't you?" Erwin smiles, "Whatever happens, I will never leave you. You dedicate your heart for humanity, and I'll dedicate my life for everyone."

"Just don't die, Erwin." Levi stated shortly, remaining as emotionless as possible.

"I won't." Erwin answered, "I still dream of spending an entire peaceful day in a hot bath with you and the other soldiers."

"That's petty." Levi mumbled and hid the small smile on his face.

"Hey, you two, what're you doing here, huh? Stressed? Man, what's happening here sucks but at least we are moving forward! I heard you guys want to spend a day in a hot bath, I wanna come too. You know, friendship goals!" Hange exclaimed as she entered inside and patted both Erwin and Levi's shoulders.

"Tch. Shut up, four eyes."

"Bah! Levi, you gotta be kidding me. Why are you so mean? I mean, you bathed me last time, don't you? We love bathing together. Ofcourse, bathing with Erwin is also cool!" Hange laughs and it makes Erwin chuckle and Levi roll his eyes.

"That sums it up. We'll bath together, the three of us, after everything turns out fine." Erwin assured and it made Hange's eyes glisten in excitement.

Levi turned around and got the weapons. He walks towards the door but before he finally goes out, he stops.

"Don't you dare die, too, Hange. I'll be looking forward to that bath. Both of you, stay alive." Levi whispered before walking out of the room.

SIDE STORY 3:

"Ymir, can you hand me that document? We need to finish these after the soldiers are done with the battle." Historia asked and wrote a letter on her papers.

"Yeah, sure. What about the documents from Asia and Southern Europe, how do we handle it? It is (Y/N)'s request but do you really think we can do it? You shouldn't get too hard on yourself, too." Ymir replied.

Historia's eyes look down on the papers with the articles that you asked for her to disseminate as her breath tightens a little.

"Everyone is doing their best right now and they are risking their lives. If this is what we can do as the Queen and the other Queen of Paradis, we can do it. I have your back, and you have my back, Ymir. We won't let each other down."

Ymir smiled and kissed Historia's temples, "We really need to get going. There's still a pile of documents out there that we need to work on. I don't trust the Eren simps Yeagerist that much, that's why I can't lean on them too much. We got this."

Historia sighs and stares at the paper seriously, "I hope that they will be fine."

"They will be. I'm sure of it. This war... it will end with us, Eldians and everyone, as victors."

>>>