Bad Ones - Barry

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "Bad Ones" by Tate McRae

Little background on this story:
Y/N keeps on falling for the bad one and she's well aware but Barry is her addiction.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff, Toxic
____________________________________
__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
Look, I'm well aware what others think of me by now... I'm "blind", "stupid", "immature" and so on and they're not entirely wrong... I just can't stop this itch of mine.

See, others in Outer Banks are highly addicted to marijuana, cocaine, and other illicit drugs they can get their hands on... and well I'm heavily addicted to the number one supplier, Barry Johnson.

He has and always will have me wrapped around his greasy, thin fingers. Every time we argue, he gives me the silent treatment... then I'll try and move on from him, he finds out and reels me back in each time. We've played this continuous cycle for a while now and even though I'm well aware of just how toxic it is, I'm just on a never ending carrousel ride.

Today was like every other day as just two minutes ago, I received a text from him saying that he is missing me and he wishes he was kissing me after not speaking to me for two days.

I really am sick and tired of this whole ordeal with him but, man is he great at manipulation and well other things that involve less clothes.

Either way, I need to try and stop this pattern of mine... I need to hold my ground, I need to rehabilitate.

____________
BARRY'S POV:
____________
"I bet you a hunny right now that I've got Y/N wrapped around my finger. All I need to do is send out a text and she'll reply that she's coming over", I smile cheekily to the spoilt little rich kid next to me, known as 'Rafe', more like 'daddy's little bitch boy', as I'm well aware I'm going to be making extra from him today after this bet.

"Yeah alright, bet", Rafe responds whilst shaking my hand.

We waited for five minutes until my phone buzzed, signalling a text

Princess 🍑:
"Look, I can't do this anymore Barry... we're done for good"

Rafe chuckles and then with glee lingering in his tone says, "looks like, you owe me money today Barry". But I'm not really paying attention as I keep re-reading the text message...

She's done? What does she mean she's done? She can't be done with me? Why is it so easy for her to walk away from me?

"Yeah whatever", I say shortly after with a huff as I get up from the couch we were sitting on and make my way outside to call her.

But no matter how many times it rung, she never answered.

__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
"You did the right thing Y/N", Kie says comforting me as I cry into her arms, soaking her pastel yellow crop top.

She just managed to show up at the right time...

"Why do I keep on fa fa falling for the bad oness?", I manage to get out in between cries.

I know I made the right decision but, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt...

"Look, I know it hurts right now but you're going to look back at this one day and be proud of yourself for choosing the right decision. All he ever did was question your worth and to me I'm just glad you got out when you did before he brought you down more."

She was right... he always made sure I didn't believe in myself. Every time I felt confident, he would be sure to crush it... being with him was a mistake, he always made me sad.

And yet maybe I'll always keep falling for the bad ones...

____________________________________

Might do a part two in the future... will Y/N return back to Barry? Or are they done for good? Will they meet other people and go down the same path? Does Y/N fall for another bad one?

Thank you for reading 🤍