Heat Waves - Kiara

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "Heat Waves" by Glass Animals

This chapter is in Kie's POV the entire time so if you have a problem with that, then don't read it I guess??

Little background on this story:
If only Kie spent more time focused on her relationship instead of her boys then maybe she wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

May Contain: F/F, Feels, Fluff
____________________________________

Another sad love story about how a couple who are destined to be together, can't be together...

Kiara and Y/N have loved each other from the moment they laid their eyes onto the other. But, due to Kiara's commitment to the pogues 24/7, she made them her number one priority and lost the one person who would've gone to the ends of the earth to just see a smile on her face. Kiara has no one else to blame but herself the second she jumped onto the Coastal Venture ship, leaving a heartbroken Y/N alone in Outer Banks with no clue to what had happened to her.

____________
KIARA'S POV:
____________
It has been about two whole fricking months since the pogues and I jumped ship and landed on a stranded island. I honestly don't know how we've survived for this long already but, we've always figured things out.

It's hard to keep track of the days when we literally have nothing to tell us what the day is but, I can never forget this day in particular, this day three years ago was when I first met Y/N. I knew that because I always felt different on this day ever since.

I remember it all too well... it was just like any average blazing hot Thursday in Outer Banks...

(Flashback)
I was making my way to do a shift at The Wreck for my parents as I got grounded over the smallest thing... I left my brand new school bag that they had bought as a celebratory gift on the beach when I was trying to save this nest of baby turtle hatchlings and it disappeared once I was done.

Anyways, as I was walking towards The Wreck, I was just minding my own business when a random stranger bumped into me and spilt their iced coffee all over the front side of my "save the turtles" t-shirt. I was about to tell them off but the second I looked into her eyes, I was left speechless... she was absolutely breathtaking.
(End of Flashback)

And after that minor accident of her bumping into me, she spend the rest of her day keeping me company during my shift and then took me out for ice cream afterwards. I have never met a single person in my life who got me for me without me explaining anything. That one date after my shift led into multiple dates which then ended up me asking her out by the place I saved those baby turtles.

As cliche as it sounds, Y/N was my happily ever after...

But now, I can kiss that beautiful face of hers goodbye because there is no way I can explain this situation to her... for all I know, she probably thinks I'm dead.

Even if I did make my way back to her, I know wholeheartedly that she deserves a better life than this... I could never give her 100% of me especially when I have to pull these boys into line constantly.

It took me a while to understand that but, now that I've gone two whole months without her, I've realised a lot of things... my happiness at the end of the day doesn't matter as long as I have to take care of these boys. It honestly sucks but there isn't much I can do now... I don't even know where the hell I am.

I remember the day all too well when I did get myself into this whole mess. The following night Y/N had stayed over and it felt like we were finally getting things back onto the right track, like I wasn't about to get ripped away from my whole entire world who slept so peacefully next to me. As I had awoken up earlier than her, I found myself taking in every detail of her... the way she would smile in her sleep, how she looked like an absolute angel even though she wasn't doing anything but sleeping. But, then I was rudely interrupted as I received a call from Pope that he needed my help...

Now as I sit here around this make shift bonfire we had built, I honestly wish I didn't take things for granted with her.

All I ever think about is her and the life we could've had if I had just paid more attention to her...

____________________________________

Didn't really proofread this one so I'm sorry about that. I just wanted to post before the new day begun so yeaaaahh.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you 🤍