What A Time - Barry

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "what a time" by Julia Michaels and Niall Horan

Little background on this story:
Barry had promised the innocent kook Y/N who aced every subject in school that he would love her for forever but it had been a lie... maybe it wasn't a lie though?

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff

____________________________________

"I feel a little nauseous and my hands are shaking, I guess that means you're close by. My throat is getting dry and my heart is racing, I haven't been by your side"

Y/N never took a single drug in her life and you might think that's strange since she was dating a drug dealer but, that was the truth. He never once pressured her to do drugs and he tried his best to not do any around her as well to not make her feel uncomfortable.

Barry was the only thing that mattered to her and once things were done between the two, she felt incomplete as she was no longer by his side. As she held onto his shirt that smelt like him, her heart began racing as the smell of him made her feel so much love but heartbreak at the same time. Then she began to feel nauseous over the thoughts of him with someone else, her hands were shaking over the loss of touch of his skin and her throat was dry as she had done nothing but laid in her bed since the breakup and her constant crying had made her feel unwell especially, when she hadn't drank any fluids.

Others didn't quite understand why Y/N stayed with him for as long as she did but she knew why, she saw the Barry that no one else got to see. He was different with her. He was kind and never let her go to bed without knowing he loved her. He was the biggest baby at times and would sook if he didn't get enough cuddle time in the morning. He was her Barry and she was always his.

"I know we didn't end it like we're supposed to, and now we get a bit tense. I wonder if my mind just leaves out all the bad parts, I know we didn't make sense. I admit it that I think about it sometimes... even though I know it's not so distant... I still wanna reminisce it"

It had been a month and Y/N still didn't quite understand anything when it came to the break. Was she blind to the way things were? She understood they didn't make sense as she was an innocent kook who aced all her classes at school. But she just couldn't put her finger on why they had to end so she spent all her time in her bedroom reminiscing on their relationship.

"I think of the night in the park, it was getting dark
And we stayed up for hours
What a lie, what a lie, what a lie
You clinged to my body like you wanted it forever
What a lie, what a lie, what a lie"

Ever since Barry had ended things it was clear about one thing for Y/N, he lied about forever with her. All the nights they stayed up laughing and cuddling each other. Acting like they're were the only two in the world who mattered. Y/N thought about that night in the park near hers and how Barry had told her he loved her for the first time... was that a lie to?

The thing was, Barry left her for a extremely good reason. He had to leave her to save her life when it came to the cocaine addicted kook, Rafe Cameron as Barry sold his ass to the police and he managed to walk out of jail, a free man. So now Rafe was out for revenge and he knew that there was only one thing that was a weakness for Barry, her. Barry didn't want to lose Y/N but he knew he had to do this if he really loved her.

Barry didn't think he would ever get over Y/N... he still loves her to this day. But he can't risk her life over a decision he chose that went wrong.

____________________________________

It shocks how I haven't really seen any stories about Barry! Like the man is a fricking stunner and have you seen the lives he has been in? He's so funny that it makes him even more attractive 😩

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! Please!

Thank you for reading 🤍