11 Blocks - Topper

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "11 Blocks" by Wrabel

In this chapter, I've mentioned about how "Topper's Mother" was in on Big John's disappearance.

Little background on this story:
Three years later and the eleven block difference between Topper and Y/N still felt too close.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff
____________________________________

Unfortunately, some things aren't meant to be no matter how badly you want it to work out. It's a part of life and life gives challenges to those who can take it.

It has been three years since Y/N Y/L/N and Topper Thornton had broken up and it still felt fresh.

_____________
TOPPER'S POV:
_____________

"11 blocks from my door to your doorstep
Three years later and it feels too close"

I always found myself thinking about Y/N from the moment we broke up. It definitely was not a mutual agreement as the day we were no longer "us", it felt as if she was taking my whole entire heart with her. The distance from her house to mine was exactly eleven blocks and even after three years of not being with her, it still felt too close. It's like she's just out of my reach and as much as I want to pull her back towards me, I simply cannot.

I always think about the times we spent together and when I go to places that use to be "ours". I've been called out a few times by friends that I zone out as I'm too much in my own thoughts about her. Three years and I still can't even go to some of the places in Outer Banks because the memory of her is too much.

I'm usually not too bad throughout the day when I'm with Rafe and Kelce as they keep my mind off of her but, the second I'm alone at night, I'm overwhelmed with sadness.

"14 blocks from your door to this party
I caught myself counting on the way"

When we were dating, I always found myself counting how many blocks I was away from her when I would go anywhere. Tonight as I'm about to head to a party at Kelce's, I caught myself doing it once again... she was fourteen blocks away. Y/N was never the party type as she preferred staying in the comfort of her own bed. So just knowing that she was home right now while I was here, I felt extremely guilty and I never understood that. It happens every time I go out partying with the rest of the kooks in Outer Banks.

"Somebody stop me
I should be going home"

There were times where I had to have either Kelce or Rafe keep an eye on me as I would get too intoxicated and my brain instantly thinks it's a good idea to show up at her doorstep. I've done it quite a few times in the past and it hurts me every single time because seeing her, breaks me even more.

"Well, I met someone
And I think I'm in love"

I finally decided that I needed to move on from her and well I did exactly that. I started seeing Rafe's younger sister, Sarah. It was strange at first dating one of my best friend's sister's but, after a while, I started to feel comfortable. Sarah and I have been dating for about three months now and I think I love her?

_____________
Y/N'S POV:
_____________

Seeing Topper's face all over social media with the Cameron girl did hurt me for a while. I didn't want to end things with him three years ago but I was threatened by his mother. I was told that I wasn't good enough for him and well I always knew it but coming from someone else's mouth, made things so much harder. It was either I broke up with him or my dad would end up disappearing as there were rumours going around town that Topper's mom, Cynthia, and Ward had made Big John disappear like magic.

It was exactly eleven blocks from my door to his doorstep and three years later, it still felt close.

____________________________________

This one kinda hurt me a little as Topper deserves the world. Yes, he wasn't the greatest in season one but he seems to be maturing in season two??

Thank you for reading 🤍