The Last Time - Pope

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song, "The Last Time" by Taylor Swift, Gary Lightbody

Little background on this story:
Y/N and Pope know that this isn't the last time and it's a continuous loop.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff, Angst?
___________________________________

How many times do you allow for someone to walk all over you and use you until you decide enough is enough? Y/N questions this every time she lets Pope in after he walked away from her.

As he continues to break her heart in the blink of an eye, she knows that he'll be back every time he walks away. But when will the last time be the last? Will she finally break the cycle and let herself be happy for once or will her love for the Heyward boy overrule every single bit of pride she has?

Now as she is currently staining her freshly cleaned pillowcases with mascara, she is beyond exhausted. All she wants is for him to love her back and he swears that he does but, it sure as hell doesn't seem that way.

___________

Pope is fully aware that what he is doing very wrong but, that doesn't stop him. Due to Pope not being able to love Y/N the same way she loves him, he always walks away from her. But, no matter how many times he leaves, he always find his way back to Y/N.

And when he does eventually show up at her door, he always expects for her to be waiting there, patiently, for his return as he can't imagine her moving from him which is incredibly selfish of the Heyward boy. In his twisted mind, he wants to be the only one as she always knows how to make him feel better even though she gets zero benefit out of it. She's the only one who will ever understand him.

He doesn't understand Y/N when she does trying moving on from him because he genuinely believes he isn't doing anything wrong and he wants to be the only one in her life, the only one she worries about.

___________

Now as for Y/N, she has seen the Heyward boy walk in and out of her life numerous times now. Unfortunately for her, even though the amount of tears she has cried over the boy, she still loves him with every piece of her shattered heart. She considers herself weak for feeling this way but as soon as he shows up again, she forgets the pain she feels and begins to feel happiness for a little while, until the cycle repeats itself.

No matter what Y/N does or feels, she is beginning to fall apart when he's back in her life and when he's gone as well. All she wants is to go back in time and change how things are because at this very moment, it feels as if her heart is at war and there's nowhere to hide.

Don't get her wrong, Y/N has tried her very best to make the Heyward boy stay, to put her first and to stop leaving her but she knows her words are useless because no matter what, he'll be gone with a blink of an eye. As she swears that this is the last time she'll let him back in, she and everyone around her knows that it isn't the last time and it's more of an intimidation technique to get him to stay.

___________
POPE'S POV:
___________
As I showed up on Y/N's doorstep today, I know deep down, that this is the last time. One of my dearest friends, Kiara, sat me down earlier this week and knocked some sense into my dumbass. I never realised just how selfish I was being with Y/N when it came to coming and going as I pleased until I saw it from another perspective.

It made me realise another thing as well, it's always been her. She is my priority and nothing else comes before her. But I know that I can't keep doing this to Y/N so I'm doing what I think is best, I'm leaving for good as I can't keep hurting her. It's time for me to prove that she comes before anything, including myself.

So as I wait for her to answer, I recite how I'm going to stay this exactly, that this is the last time.

___________________________________

I'm well aware that this one sucks but I didn't want to make you all wait for a new chapter so here it is. I might fix things up in the future or let it be... I'm not sure.

Thanks for reading 🤍