Please Notice - Rafe

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "Please Notice" by Christian Leave.

Also, I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting the last few days, I'm dealing with some personal things and I'm just trying to hold myself together.

Little background on this story:
Heartbreak after heartbreak, is all Y/N has ever known when it comes to relationships. Does she finally see that the perfect one for her has been her rock this entire time?

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff, Angst?
____________________________________

_________
Y/N's POV:
_________

Well there goes another failed talking stage and my heart feels like it cannot take another heartbreak. At this point, my heart genuinely feels like it has been ripped out of my chest and ripped into shreds like a piece of a paper by those I've tried giving it to. I genuinely thought that Joshua could've been the one this time but boy was I wrong. Joshua and I have been in the talking stage for what feels like forever but it has only been about a year. I thought he was planning on asking me out today when he invited me over but, it turned out he was talking to another girl around the same time and he's going to try the whole dating thing with her. I feel like complete and utter shit and like I have been competing in a race this whole time that I was never going to win. Why can't I just be good enough for someone?

How is it that everybody has somebody but me?

At least I still have my best friend, Rafe, who has always been there to pick me up whenever some stupid boy has hurt me. I'm honestly so incredibly lucky to have a best friend like him. He's sweet, understanding, gives the best hugs, his smile is contagious and he is literally an angel walking on earth. I don't know where I'd be if he wasn't around if I'm completely honest. He makes me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world pretty much all the time...like how did I get so lucky to have him as my best friend?

___________
RAFE'S POV:
___________

I just received another heartbreaking call from Y/N... turns out that no good boy she has been talking to for the past year, ended up breaking her heart. I wish I could say I told you so since I haven't had a good feeling about him since she first brought him up but, now is not the right time to do so.

As I make my way over to the Y/L/N's household, I made sure to grab some treats that I know are Y/N's favourites on the way as I want to make her feel better and try to mend her heart again for what feels like the millionth time.

I just wish she'd realise...

Once I have made it to Y/N's house, I walk inside and head to her room. I've been best friends with her since my first day in high-school so her parents are use to me letting myself in and well they consider me family. There's even times when Y/N isn't around and they'll call me their favourite son in law as they're rooting for us as well.

_________
Y/N'S POV:
_________

As I'm hiding under my blanket, pretending that I don't exist for a little while as the pain I'm feeling is unbearable, I hear someone enter my bedroom and sit down next to me on my bed. Before I know it, that someone starts to slide my favourite snacks under the blanket and that's when I instantly knew it was him.

As I pull the blankets off of me, Rafe already has his arms open for me, waiting for me. I very much needed his famous cuddles today more than anything as they make me feel better instantly.

Whilst I began to cry into his chest, his fingers start to play with the strands of my hair, making sure to be as gentle as possible.

I began to speak softly in between cries, "why can't someone just think I'm enough? Am I just not good enough in general?"

"What are you talking about Y/N? You are good enough! Please don't ever talk lowly about yourself like that, it breaks my heart", he responded, sadness laced in his tone as his fingers are still in my hair.

"You're only saying that because you're my best friend and it's your job to", I respond back, nuzzling myself more into his chest, taking in his scent.

"No Y/N, I'm not saying that because I'm your best friend. God you can be so oblivious at times! It seriously annoys me when you say such low things about yourself because I think you're beautiful. I know you better than you know yourself. You eat french fries in bed, cold. You don't gas up your car until it starts beeping. You won't admit that we're meant to spend the rest of our lives together. You send food back if the waiter breathes on it funny and you know what? There's probably water bottles that have been sitting on your bedside table that are almost older than me. I notice that when you're nervous, you play with the rings on your fingers. That when you're happy, your eyes twinkle. When you're mad, you close your eyes. I notice when you're sad, you let out sighs and sometimes I might worry if those sighs are ever over me. Do you even know how I'm in love with you? Because I am. Do you see that I'm in love with you? Because like I said, I am. Everything that you do, it makes my heart stop because you simply take my breath away the second you walk into the room", Rafe took a deep breath after ranting and went back to playing with the strands of Y/N'S hair, not realising that he just confessed his love to the girl.

"You love me?", was all that Y/N could get out after everything he said registered into her brain as she got up from his chest to look into his eyes.

____________________________________

I didn't really proof read this one today as I just wanted to post it as soon as possible so I'm sorry about that. Anyways, I'm hoping that this is enough! I know it isn't that long and I'm sorry about that. I'm happy to do a part two in the future if anyone is interested?

Thank you for reading 🤍