Fearless - Cleo

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song, "Fearless" by Taylor Swift

Little background on this story:
Will Y/N finally allow herself to focus on something else other than school?

May Contain: F/F, Feels, Fluff, Angst? Cliche?
___________________________________

Y/N has seen all her friends and even family members go in and out of relationships as she focused on her school work, making sure to not have any distractions when it comes to her future. But, that's all about to change when she finds herself thinking about her best friend more than she should.

Then there's Cleo, who has had feelings for her best friend from the moment they met. She never understood the way she felt at first but once she explained her feelings to Pope, he was quick to let her know that she was in fact, falling for her best friend.

__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
As I get ready for the today's activity, which included us Pogues going to the mainland to a carnival that takes place every year, I found myself putting more effort in how I presented myself as I know that my best friend, Cleo will be tagging along today. I mean she always came along for when we did things but ever since I dreamt of her the other night, I have been seeing her in a whole new perspective.

As I was finishing up the touches of the light makeup I was applying, I looked myself over in the mirror and smiled to myself, happy with the way I looked today as I had chosen to wear my new dress which was a light blue sundress.

After getting ready, I headed towards my ensuite bathroom and quickly peed before the others arrived as I have no idea when I'll be able to go to the toilet again. I mean, I could go on the ferry but my mind cannot stop the idea of others doing disgusting things in there and that just completely grossed me out.

Once I was done, I heard my front door opening and closing, as I opened my bedroom door to stick my head out, a mischievous blonde jumped out from around the corner and almost scared me to death. Ever since JJ figured out that I scared easy, it has been his mission to scare me as much as he could in one day.

"JJ!", I shrieked, slapping his chest.

"Yes?", he giggled as he quickly interlocked our fingers on his chest.

"You are going to be the death of me", I exaggerated whilst sighing annoyingly, as I took my hand away from his chest and crossed my arms.

"Oh c'mon! that was funny! but let's go before we miss the ferry", he responded cheekily as he placed his hands in the air, surrendering, as he turned around on his heel and began walking out of my house.

I followed him shortly after, not before grabbing my belongings that I needed and locking the front door behind me as I was currently home alone and would be till next Friday.

Once I had reached the outside of the Twinkie, the door slid open and I made my way inside, sitting in the only spot left which just happened to be next to Cleo.

As soon as my eyes made eye contact with her beautiful chocolate brown eyes, I found my heart racing and my stomach erupting in butterflies.

"Morning beautiful", she said as she placed her arm around me, giving me a side hug as the Twinkie took off, away from my residence. And the second her skin made contact with mine, my body jolted with electricity....

"Morning C", I responded, nervousness lacing in my tone which was rather odd.

As Kie looked over at me confused, I just shrugged my shoulders as I had no clue as to why I instantly became nervous.

It was less than ten minutes before we had reached the ferry. The entire car ride I had spent talking to Cleo, taking in her beautiful features and as she ran her fingers through her hair, there was something about that simple movement that made me want her.

Do I have feelings for Cleo?

___________
CLEO'S POV:
___________
Once we had made our way to the carnival which was just a little bit out of the town we had ported in. The entire car ride and ferry trip, I found myself absolutely captivated by Y/N and everything that came out of her mouth. Half of the time, I had no idea what she was even saying as I became too distracted, staring at her plump, rosy lips.

As we spent the day at the carnival, playing as many games and going on as many rides as possible, I made sure to be flirtatious with Y/N to give her subtle hints that I like her more than a friend. I spoke to the gang, not including her, this morning when it came to my feelings and it was actually their idea to split us all up so I had one on one time with her.

And I made sure to take advantage of the split as to me, this was more than just two friends hanging out...

__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
This might be my all time favourite day that I've had in a very long time. Even though I only spent today with Cleo, I found the answer I was asking myself this morning, I do have feelings for her.

I'm not sure if accepting how I feel towards her made me look into things that weren't there but it felt like a date and I was not complaining, not even the slightest. I also thought that she was being flirty with me but that's another thing I probably looked into...

As Cleo and I began to walk back to the Twinkie, droplets fell from the sky as it started to rain. Cleo then suddenly stopped dead in use tracks and faced towards me. Confused as ever, I stopped as well, turned around and began to approach her.

"C? Are you okay?", I said with concern in my tone, getting closer to her.

"Dance with me"

"What?"

"Come here, I want to dance", Cleo responded as she grabbed my hands into hers, pulling me even closer and spinning me around.

I did not hesitate as I begun to swing back and forth, getting completely lost in the moment with her. It was as if Cleo and I were the only people in the world and that's all that mattered. I felt so very alive in this very moment, taking in every second that went by.

Soon enough, I wrapped my arms around her waist, as she wrapped her hands around my neck and I smiled at her, adoration written all over my face.

I have never felt so alive...

___________________________________
This chapter is trash and I do apologise, I'm trying to post as many chapters as I can today. I'm also working on something else that I'm trying to post before Christmas so fingers crossed!