Can I Be Him - Kelce

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "can I be him" by James Arthur

Little background on this story:
As Y/N is dating the blue eyed pogue, named JJ, her childhood friend, Kelce wishes he could be the one.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff

____________________________________

"You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen"

It was Y/N's first day back in Outer Banks after going on a cross country surfing trip with her partner in crime, JJ Maybank.

As she walked into the Country Club to have Sunday lunch with her parents, she had caught the eye of the brown eyed kook and she had no idea of it. Her mind was distracted of the blue eyed pogue who her parents strongly disliked as he wasn't worth a second of her time... well that's what they thought anyways.

"You took me back in time to when I was unbroken. Now you're all I want, and I knew it from the very first moment"

Howbeit, the second Kelce saw her walk into the dining room in her mid length, baby blue sundress, he felt as if all his problems had disappeared. He hadn't seen his friend in over a year since she went on a trip with her disgusting pogue of a boyfriend. He couldn't quite figure out why but, just by looking at her, he had this feeling that felt like butterflies grow in his abdomen. Was the long term crush he had on her returning after a year?, he thought to himself.

As Y/N ate lunch with her parents, she tried remaining quiet during the accusations thrown at her. As she focused on her food and tried to stuff her mouth as much as she could with the fries remaining on her plate, she felt as if someone was watching her. After some time, she was curious to know if someone was actually looking at her so she looked up from her plate and had made eye contact with her childhood friend who she hadn't spoken to in so long, Kelce. She didn't quite know where she stood with him anymore so all she did was give him a soft smile and then returned back to food on her plate.

Once Y/N was finished eating the remainder of her lunch, she had thanked for parents for their time and had made her way to go see JJ, who was most likely at the Chateau.

After an exhausting 15 minute bike ride to the Chateau, she hopped off her bike gracefully and started making her way towards the house. That's when she saw JJ and Kiara in a very heated makeout session on the hammock. 'It was like they were each other's oxygen and they were struggling to breathe', she thought to herself in utter disgust.

It didn't take a genius to put two and two together. JJ was in fact, cheating on Y/N and she has had no idea for how long. But instead of confronting them, she had messaged John B to advise that he should throw a condom at the pair so there was no reproducing going on and left. Leaving the J initial silver necklace JJ had gotten her on their holiday together, on the ground.

Y/N wasn't in the right headspace to head home straight away to deal with her parents right now so she made her way to the beach near her house and sat down on the closest sand dune, taking in the smell of salt and fresh air. She would always come here whenever she needed a safe haven away from home and relationship drama.

"I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you. If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no...I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips, it's all that I've been thinking about"

As Y/N was deeply into her own thoughts, she hadn't noticed that 1) she was crying and 2) an unexpected visitor was heading in her direction with a sadden expression smeared upon his face.

The second Kelce noticed that she was crying, his heart broke over the sight. He just wanted to protect her and to make her feel like a queen. He originally was coming over to talk to her as he noticed that she looked sad when she left the country club earlier and even though they haven't spoke in over a year, he cared about her more than anyone else.

As he sat down next to her, the movement made her snap out of her thoughts as she looked over to who had sit next to her. She never expected the person to be Kelce but she was glad it wasn't her parents or even worse, JJ. She didn't have to say a single word for him to understand what had happened as he knew her like the back of his hand and the necklace he had seen earlier on her neck was gone which meant that he was right all along, JJ didn't deserve her. He knew Y/N didn't like talking about her problems when they were still so very fresh so all he asked was, "is it okay if I give you a hug?". She simply nodded her head and that's all it took for him to embrace her in a gentle hug.

Kelce so badly wanted to say then and there everything he had felt for her and how he wanted to dry her tears and kiss her lips but knew the time wasn't right.

So he sat there, consoling his long time friend and crush as he wished he could be the one to protect her and love her.

Can I be him?

____________________________________

This chapter is a bit bittersweet and I'm glad I chose to go down this path instead of the one I originally had planned.

What did we think?

Thank you for reading 🤍