All Too Well - Topper

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song, "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift

Little background on this story:
Y/N and Topper reminisce on their past relationship.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff
___________________________________
_________
Y/N'S POV:
_________
Even though Topper and I were only dating for a short amount of time, it surely did have a huge impact on me as I look back on it five years later.

After looking back on that rollercoaster, I found myself noticing new things that I didn't see sooner as I was genuinely blind in love.

Just like any other relationship at first, it was like walking on cloud nine, euphoric, and it was as if seeing the world for the first time, in a much brighter aspect as every colour that ever existed was glowing with happiness. But unfortunately, the euphoria was quickly becoming nonexistent and the world was becoming dimmer as each day passed. We began to argue more and more each day until the love we once had, turned into hatred.

I remember it all too well, just like it was yesterday... I remember the very first moment I met his family at his sister's house and how that was the very last time I saw my scarf. How we use to belt out the lyrics to songs that came on the radio as we went on late night cruises in his car. When we were at the red light and he leaned over and kissed me... then proceeded to do that at every red light we encountered. When I met his mother for the very first time and she sat me down and showed me photos of him when he was younger and the biggest grin on his face when he would win. However, our honeymoon phase shortly ended and we began to bicker over everything that would happen during our days. But instead of sorting things out the way we should've, he manipulated me into thinking I was the only one in the wrong. As not only did I slowly lose my touch with sanity, I also slowly watched the love he once had for me fade from his eyes and I knew it was over before he ended it.

I genuinely believed that my future was by his side but I guess he had other plans.

I don't think I'll ever forget the day he left me though. It was after we had a huge fight and instead of giving me the silent treatment and coming back, he just didn't. All he did was leave my belongings at my doorstep and pretended that I just didn't exist if I ever approached him.

Maybe I asked for too much from him, maybe I loved him more than he could've ever loved me back.

Or maybe he just didn't appreciate me the same way I appreciated him until it was too late.

______________
TOPPER'S POV:
______________
When Y/N and I first ended things, I made myself believe that I didn't care, that I dodged a bullet. I proceeded to trick myself every single day for four months afterwards. But then it just hit me like a freight train one morning when I woke up... I royally screwed everything up for myself.

I'm not going to deny anything, I know that I was a extremely toxic person back then and I had a lot of growing up to do. I broke the one person who ever truly mattered to me and I broke the masterpiece that was our relationship, my happily ever after.

I wish I could forget how I treated her... but unfortunately, I remember it all too well. I remember when we would have fights and I would give her the silent treatment until I felt she was punished enough.... even when I started the fight. I treated her as if she was glass and would drop her every time I felt like it... not even being careful about how much I had broken her until I tried getting her back.

When it had been five months since we had broken up and I left her belongings at her front door step, I tried reaching out to her but it turned out that she had blocked my number.

I was too late.

You only get so many chances at things in life and I well and truly used more chances than I ever deserved.

Now, she will always been known as the girl who I should've loved more, who I should've appreciated more and who I regret breaking the way I did.

Five years later and she is still the love of my life to this day but, I'll never be hers again.

I even still have her scarf in my drawer...

___________________________________

Well that was a bit tragic... sorry about that.

Thank you for reading 🤍