This Is How You Fall In Love - JJ

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "This Is How You Fall In Love" by Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutler

Little background on this story:
The inseparable duo who have been attached since kindergarten finally find out how the other feels.

May Contain: M/F, feels, slight mentions of abuse, fluff, a little bit of angst
____________________________________

Y/N and JJ have been inseparable from the moment JJ stood up for Y/N in the first week of kindergarten as someone was bullying her because she wanted to wear 'boy's clothes'. Despite the differences in status as Y/N is a kook and JJ is a pogue, it has been them against the world since that very first moment. Yes, they've had ups and downs like most friendships but, at the end of the day, nothing and no one could split the pair apart.

JJ would always escape to Y/N's house whenever his dad had become too difficult to deal with and it has now gotten to the point that he pretty much lives with Y/N. Her parents didn't mind that there is an extra mouth to feed as they consider JJ family and they too, were once pogues.

JJ had always copped some form of verbal abuse from his father for as long as he could remember but the physical abuse had started when the pair had hit the third grade. So going to Y/N's was his safe haven. Little did she know that she was the main reason he has survived for as long as he had...

As the clock on Y/N's bedside table hit 7:30am, she was rudely awaken by JJ barging into her room and opening her curtains so the morning sun was welcomed into the room. As he plopped down on her bed, he started to annoy her so she would get out of bed and take on the day with him. However, Y/N was the furthest from wanting to do anything today as she had received her monthly visitor last night. As she groaned and held her abdomen in response instead of telling him to go away, JJ instantly knew something was up. He has known the girl pretty much his whole life so he knew her better than she knew herself. Then it clicked in his head, the poor girl had received her period.

The gentleman that JJ is, then decided to bluntly ask, "you bleeding or something?".

In which she hid her face under her pillow in embarrassment and mumbled a quick "yes" to the boy in hopes he would be grossed out and leave her alone.

"Alright... so let's stay at home today and watch movies all day! We haven't done that in a while! I'll go get you everything you need from downstairs!", the boy responded in a gleeful manner as he clapped his hands together and stood up to go downstairs to collect things that he believes Y/N would want right about now. As he was doing this, Y/N got up to have a quick shower just to clean herself up and feel more awake after she woke up to the sun shining into her eyes.

As he returned shortly later, saying "housekeeping" when he had walked back into the room with a tray carrying chocolate, breakfast that he obviously didn't make, chips, a glass of orange juice and some other random snacks he had found, he had placed them gently on the bed. He then held his hand out to Y/N and gave her painkillers and told her to take them. After she had swallowed them down with orange juice, JJ had helped her get more comfortable and gave her a heat pack that he also brought with him from the kitchen. The Maybank boy then walked over to her window to close her curtains so it was pitch black in the room as Y/N reached for the TV remote that was on her bedside table so they could start their movie day. After bickering back and forth on what movie they were going to watch first, they chose 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' mainly because Y/N loved drooling over Tom Holland and JJ loved drooling over Zendaya.

When they were halfway through watching their third movie of the day, Y/N started to feel a bit tired so she rested her head of JJ's chest and as her eyes began to feel heavier to keep open. Soon after, she had fallen into slumber. The second Y/N had laid her head on the Maybank boy's chest, he began running his fingers through her hair, admiring the masterpiece as she was beginning to fall asleep. As he sat there, playing with her Y/H/C hair, there was no where else he'd rather be. He was perfectly complete with his best friend in his arms as she drooled on his freshly cleaned navy blue shirt.

After a while, Y/N began to sob quietly in her sleep as she was having a nightmare. As the Maybank boy was worried for his best friend, he had woken her up and just held her as she cried.

"I had a nightmare", she said quietly in between sobs as she buried her head into his neck.

"I know sweetheart but you're okay now, I'm here and I'm never going to let anything bad happen to you, I love you.", he responded as he continued to run his fingers through her hair, not registering what had just come out of his mouth as he was too focused on calming the poor girl down.

"You love me?", Y/N said quietly as she was unsure if she had heard him correctly as she looked up at him with a twinkle in her eyes. That's when he realised that he had told Y/N something he has never said to anyone else. He wasn't lying though, he has had feelings for his best friend since kindergarten but never planned on admitting it to her as he feared he would lose her as he didn't believe he was good enough.

As he nodded, adjusting his position on her bed and not making eye contact with her in fear that he's about to lose her when all he wanted to do was grow old with Y/N.

That's when he was proven wrong as Y/N had gently grabbed his face to look at her as she placed a gentle but sweet kiss to the Maybank boy's slightly cracked lips.

"I love you too JJ", was the first thing that fell from her lips once they parted as a huge smile tugged at her face, making eye contact with the boy.

And this is how you fall in love

____________________________________

What did we think you beautiful people?

I want to say a huge thanks to those who have read the chapters I've posted.

I appreciate you 🤍