Look After You - Cleo

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "Look After You" by The Fray

Little background on this story:
A story about how one individual is unsure about their feelings as they've never felt that way whilst the other is head over heels.

May Contain: F/F, Feels, Fluff
____________________________________

If you were to ask Cleo what the definition of love is and what it felt like, she would struggle to find an answer. If you were to ask her what it felt like to be at home even, she still couldn't give you an answer.

But if you were to ask Y/N those questions, she would give you a one word answer and that answer would be Cleo.

Y/N and Cleo haven't exactly known each other for very long but the connection between the pair is rather strong. As the pair became best friends, it was all Cleo ever wanted and a stable friendship is what she got. Even though Y/N felt more, it'd take a very long time for Cleo to accept what she felt... maybe she won't ever accept it?

__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
"Patience is key", was something I heard frequently when growing up. It was what my mother was famous for saying to me when I wanted something straight away. I never really understood it at first but, I'm glad she taught me that way as now as I'm standing next to the girl of my dreams, I need to be patient.

I know Cleo never had it easy... maybe if I wasn't so caught up in the world of money, I would realise that there is in fact people out there who have been struggling. Growing up in a secured community with a roof over my head and food in my stomach, I was in fact extremely lucky to have lived this lifestyle.

Then I met her... she was working on my dad's boat just to get some money for food. I was hesitant to talk to her at first as I was taught that those who are poor, weren't the greatest of people. But I soon discovered that wasn't the case, Cleo was funny, kind and loyal. She just didn't have it good and never thought she would.

When we started becoming best friends and I had gained more emotions for her, I made the mistake of trying to change her life in one night. She got very overwhelmed and I didn't see her for a few days afterwards.

But when she did return, she explained that it was too much and didn't feel the same feelings back for me as she never knew what it felt like to look at someone that way.

I was upset at first as I wasn't one who got turned down but instead of ending the friendship because feelings weren't mutual, I understood and started to become patient with her.

Even if she doesn't become my baby in the end, at least she was still my best friend.

___________
CLEO'S POV:
___________
When I returned back from my few days apart from Y/N, I was nervous that maybe she would end our friendship because I didn't feel the same. I have seen people come and go from my life more times than I can count and as much as I had become use to it, it still hurt.

I never understood the concept of love or what it felt like to feel at home. I wasn't a lucky one and that might explain as to why I feel the way I do.

I wouldn't say that I'm this or that because that isn't the case. Yes, I don't have it lucky and yes, I have struggled getting by at times but, I am extremely grateful for what I have.

However, there is some days where it feels like the world is extra hard on me and I find myself beginning to rely on Y/N more. She has been my shoulder to cry on and when my mind is filled with atrocious thoughts and I find myself starting to disassociate, I go to her and she makes everything better.

I know it will take me a very long time to understand certain feelings that most grew up learning from their parents and what not, but Y/N is starting to feel like home to me... well what I think it'd feel like anyways. She has helped me big time within the months I've known her and she has made me feel safe.

There is no where else I'd rather be but beside her...

____________________________________

Two chapters in one day! This one isn't that long but, I think I've said what I wanted to say.

What did you think???

Thank you 🤍