Preferences - How You Two Started Dating

A/N:
When it comes to these preferences, I've kinda gone off the last chapter, "how you two met" as I thought it would be cuter to have more of a storyline? If that makes sense??

____________________________________
How you two started dating:
____________________________________
Rafe:
You two started dating once Rafe was released from rehab and was drug free. He did ask you out before he left but, you declined as you felt he wasn't in the right mindset. You said to him that once he had completed his treatment and returned home, that you would say yes if he asked you again. So the first day, he returned home, you had received a text that gave you a clue. Every time, you went to the location that the clue would hint, it would lead to another clue found on pieces of paper and a rose. In the end, you found Rafe standing near a beautifully set up picnic with writing on a chalkboard, "will you, Y/N Y/L/N be my girlfriend?". You ended up running up and jumping into his arms while saying yes ten times over. During your picnic, you had asked him how he set this up and apparently he had it planned out with his sister, Sarah, before he left as he knew you were the one.

____________________________________
JJ:
You two started dating before your summer had ended and you both decided to leave Outer Banks together. It was quite sudden how he asked but nonetheless, it was very romantic. He had saved his money from working at the country club and bought you a sterling silver necklace with the letter 'J' on it and asked if he could call you his as you made him feel complete.

____________________________________
Pope:
After you had met him at the college tour, he asked you on a coffee date which led to another date, then which led to another. On the sixth date, he took you out to a nice restaurant and asked if you would like to be his girlfriend the same time the waiter brought out the shared dessert that had a question mark on it.

____________________________________
John B:
You two started dating pretty quickly after the one night stand as you both fell for each other instantly. He had brought you along to hang out with the rest of the pogues on the HMAS and when you were walking up the dock with him, he introduced you as his girlfriend which brought a big smile on your face. He didn't ask you but you didn't mind as he still called you his girlfriend at the end of the day which was enough for you.

____________________________________
Kiara:
You were the one who asked Kiara out as you wanted to make her your girlfriend and couldn't wait any longer for her to ask. So one Saturday morning, as you two were going for a morning surf after spending the night at hers, you just asked if she would be your girlfriend and she had the biggest smile on her face when she said yes. Little did she know that you asked her parents for permission to date their daughter that same morning before Kie had awoken.

____________________________________
Sarah:
You started dating Sarah when she invited you to Midsummers one year with her family. Before the event, she asked you if you would her girlfriend in which you said yes and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. Then once you two were about to walk out, she asked if it was okay to introduce you to the rest of the kook families as her girlfriend as she wanted to show off how beautiful the love of her life is.

____________________________________
Cleo:
You two don't really know how you began dating. You just always acted like a couple and you both considered the other, your significant other. If anyone were to ask you about your anniversary date, you wouldn't know. You two eventually just chose a random date in the calendar and celebrated on that day in the end.

____________________________________
Barry:
You started dating two months down the track after he started his construction job. You thought that he no longer liked you which hurt your feelings but you soon realised that the boy was in fact, in love with your existence and that he just wanted to wait for the perfect moment to ask the most perfect girl but got too nervous every time he came into your presence. He asked you on a date that same week which resulted in a candle lit dinner down by the beach and asked you if you would do him the honour of being his girlfriend.

____________________________________
Topper:
You two started dating a month after the incident with the golf club to the head. You wanted to test to see if he was really into you and he would overcome any obstacle you threw at him as he has begun to fall for you. As you learnt every single thing about the other in that month, he took you to your favourite place in Outer Banks, The Hawks Nest, and asked you after he had listed everything that he loved about you.

____________________________________
Kelce:
It took almost a whole summer for you to begin dating Kelce as you were unsure about his intentions with you and you struggled with commitment issues. It didn't help as well that if you two did date, the idea of doing long distance and him possibly cheating on you. In the end, you realised that he was in fact, the perfect person for you and you made the choice to stay in Outer Banks to be with him. He asked you out by showing up the Thornton household with two packets of flour and took you on a cheesy but adorable date where at the end he asked you to be his girl.

____________________________________

Should I just make preferences inspired by songs in the future or keep doing what I'm doing now? What do you think? Let me know please!

Thank you for reading 🤍