Begin Again - Barry

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song, "Begin Again" by Taylor Swift

Little background on this story:
Y/N finally let's the past be the past as she begins again.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff
___________________________________
__________
Y/N'S POV:
__________
As I took a deep breath, I looked over the outfit that I have chosen to put on today through the mirror, he never liked it when I wore this dress but I feel comfortable and confident when I wore it. However, confident was the far from the truth this morning as my nerves were getting the best of me and I even considered calling up and cancelling.

Today was the day that I organised to meet up at my favourite coffee shop with this guy named Barry. He works for a construction company that my best friend, Rafe, works for and we instantly clicked when I showed up on Rafe's lunch break about four weeks ago. Barry begged Rafe for my number that same night and we have been messaging back and forth ever since with the occasional pop in to bring them both homemade lunches.

When I finally looked away from my reflection in the mirror, I looked at phone and noticed the time, it was 9:30am and we were meeting in thirty minutes.

After taking another deep breath, trying my best to calm myself down, I grabbed my purse which had everything that I needed, locked the door behind myself and began to walk towards my car.

Fifteen minutes later, I had reached my destination and as I got out of my car and began to walk towards the entrance of the little cafe that I so dearly loved, I looked down at my phone as my nerves were now through the roof.

I was expecting Barry to be late so I was completely taken back when I had entered and looked up to see him, standing and waving whilst smiling at me at a reserved table in the corner. As I walked towards him, he had politely pulled out my chair. I never knew that men actually did this until it happened just then... I just thought that was some made up thing that you see in those romance movies.

Once we were both seated and had our choice of beverage on the table in front of us, the conversation we had was flowing and the nerves I once had, completely disappeared. I could on his face that he was curious as to why I was going off a little bit shy but I knew why, I just wasn't ready to talk about that just yet.

As Barry threw his head back, laughing like a little kid after another joke I had made, I found it adorable but strange that he thought I was funny, he never thought I was funny.

To think that the past eight months, I strongly believed that all that love does is break, burn and end. Today was the first day where I genuinely believed that I had been completely wrong with the concept.

It's crazy how much times flies when you're genuinely enjoying your time as when I looked over at the clock on the wall, it was now 2:30pm.

Once we both agreed to get some fresh air, we began to walk towards my car and I was so close to bringing him up when I saw something that reminded me of him. Thankfully, I shut my mouth before I even started talking but Barry didn't seem to mind as he was telling me about the movies him and his family watch every Christmas.

Even though, I hadn't known Barry for very long, it feels as if I've known him for years. As I looked over at him, adoring how his eyes lit up with the story he was telling me about the one time he went surfing and saw dolphins for the first time in their natural habitat.

Today was the first time in a very, very long time that the past remained the past and I knew that if I was to ever begin again, it'd be with him, Barry.

___________________________________
Rather short chapter but I hope you like it babes xx