Back To December - John B

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song, "Back To December" by Taylor Swift

Little background on this story:
Y/N regrets her decision from last December and wishes she could go back and change it.

May Contain: M/F, Fluff, Feels, Angst? Cliche?
___________________________________

Y/N and John B were the greatest of friends. They hadn't known each other for long but, grew very close last summer. However, their friendship ended rather quickly when Y/N realised that she had developed feelings for John B, last fall.

Then winter soon rolled around after that and that is when John B felt more for the girl as well. As they tried to begin what anyone would call a beautiful relationship, Y/N began to have doubts and dumped the Routledge boy without any hesitation.

Due to the awkwardness and John B not dealing with the breakup well, the remains of anything they once had, ceased to exist.

So what doubts did Y/N have? Well when they were growing closer as each day passed, John B had similarities to her exes, in which scared her as she felt that she was going to go down the same path that she has been down so many times. She couldn't handle getting her heartbroken, so before that happened, she ended it. The thing is, Y/N hadn't realised that what she was starting with John B, was the real deal and that he wasn't like her exes as his intentions weren't to put her in harms way at all but, to simply, love every atom that makes up her.

Now, that is has been a year since their rather quick relationship had ended, Y/N regrets the decision she made when it came to breaking up him. As she tries reaching out to the Routledge boy, he struggles with forgiving her as he doesn't want to go down the same road she led him down last time, especially since he had finally healed from his heartbreak.

But after some thinking about it, John B finally answers her text message and they begin to talk again. His guard is up as it wasn't hard for her to wriggle her way into his heart in the first place and he doesn't want that happening again.

As they both start to reminisce on last December, all John B can think about is when he gave Y/N roses and she let them die, which was a metaphor for his love. He thinks about their very last time as it's still burned into the back of his mind, the day she walked away from him, from everything.

Then there's Y/N, who thinks about the relationship they could've had if she hadn't left. She thinks about the beautiful memories they shared and how he held her in his arms one September night after seeing her cry for first time. She thinks about his tan skinned and sweet smile and how it was so easy to make her heart swoon. She thinks about how he treated her like a queen and she never felt like that before, how he loved her, flaws and all.

As Y/N swallows her pride, she grabs her phone and dials his number. She's going to put everything onto the line and maybe if it isn't just wishful thinking, they could rekindle what they once had.

After the fifth ring, he answers.

"Hello?", he says groggily as it was rather late at night and he must've been asleep or close to it.

"Hi, I'm sorry to wake you up. I can call you tomorrow instead?", Y/N apologises.

"No no, what's up?"

"John B, I'm so sorry for what I did to you that night. Since we've been apart, all I do is go back to December. I wish I had just realised what I had when it was still mine. I wish that I could go back in time and change what had happened but, I can't so if the chain is on your door, I understand. I'm not expecting you to love me or take me back but, if there ever comes a time where we loved again, I swear I'd love you right."

___________________________________

I'm sorry I didn't post another chapter yesterday. I'll try and do better but my mind isn't being nice to me lately.

Thanks for reading 🤍