See You Later - Topper

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "see you later" by Alexander23

Little background on this story:
High school sweethearts, Topper and Y/N both get accepted into their dream universities and now they have to do long distance.

May Contain: M/F, Feels, Fluff

____________________________________

High school sweethearts, Topper and Y/N were destined to end up being married and have several kids from the moment they started dating in Freshman year. They were each other's firsts to many things such as dating, kissing, and sexual intercourse.

The only problem with the said plan was, Topper got into his dream university, Stanford, which is in California. Whilst Y/N got accepted to Cornell which is her dream university and that is in New York. So the distance between the pair would be, 2,823.1 miles.

You'd think they would've applied for universities closer to each other and they did but, they also applied for their dream universities just to see if they were good enough and well once you have an opportunity that good, it's pretty difficult to say no.

So they had to look into long distance which they both knew they would struggle with considering they can't go a minute without the other. Neither of them wanted to go anymore as they wouldn't see each other for a while but, they can't afford to miss their flights as they weren't cheap. They decided to make a pact that they would never say good bye to each other but instead, see you later because the thought of saying good bye, broke them even more.

It had been exactly one month and two days since they both moved to California and New York and they honestly thought they could've worked this out but, their communication has died down a lot. They've gone from talking to each other every minute of every day to now, only talking for a maximum five minutes a day and that is right before they go to bed. They've both been too busy focused on their new lives to the point that when they would get back to their dorm or when they were finished studying, they were exhausted beyond belief.

That's when Topper decided that enough was enough and he had spent money he barely had to catch the next flight to New York to surprise Y/N. He planned staying there for a while so he packed his suitcase to the point that he could barely zip it as he had also packed some things he had bought her over the time he had been at Stanford.

Once he landed in New York and had made his way to her dorm room, he had called Y/N and told her to open her door. When she opened her door confused, she began crying tears of joy as she missed him so incredibly much.

The time they spent with one another was different to the times they had spent before. It felt forced in a way and they made a promise to one another to talk more and to see each other whenever they could. Topper and Y/N were going to make this work because the love they have for one another was rare.

As they were getting ready to take Topper to the airport so he could go back to California, that's when it hit. They were both so scared of losing each other but could they really keep doing this?

When they reached the airport, Topper gave Y/N a passionate kiss and a huge hug and whispered in her softly, "see you later" which resulted in Y/N smiling with tears in her eyes and saying it back to him, holding him even tighter.

As Topper thought to himself once he was walking towards his terminal to catch his flight "why am I walking away from the person that I could call home? my heart says stay but, my legs are walking on their own."

That's when he made the choice for the both of them... he was going to apply for universities in New York so they were closer. Even though Stanford was his dream university, she was his home.

____________________________________

I was going to end this on a rather sad ending but decided against it as I've written too many sad ones.

What did we think about this one? Leave a comment and let me know! X

Thank you for reading 🤍