You Are In Love - Rafe

A/N:
This chapter is inspired by the song "You Are In Love" by Taylor Swift. It's entirely up to you if you'd like to listen to that song when reading. Thank you and enjoy 🤍

Little background on this story:
You and Rafe are both nineteen years old. You've been best friend's since you could talk as your families grew up together. You both have feelings for one another but too scared to say anything until one night.

May contain: M/F, Cliche, Feels.
___________________________________

The moment that Y/N Y/L/N and Rafe Cameron knew they were in love was a night to remember for the rest of their lives.

The story between the two began from the moment they could talk. As both of their families were close to each other, it only meant that they were born to the best friends from the get go. Which is exactly what happened as nineteen years down the road, they were as close as ever.

Rafe and Y/N have and probably will always be best friend's no matter what. They were the two peas in the pod and those who didn't know the relationship between the two, would just think they were an adorable couple.

The dynamic duo both have crushes on one another but, were too afraid to make a move just in case the other didn't reciprocate and it would ruin the bond between the two family's.

So the night that changed their lives for forever...

It was a slightly warm Saturday night in Outer Banks, North Carolina and instead of joining the kegger that happens the first Saturday in each month at the Boneyard, Y/N and Rafe were told to stay at his house to babysit Wheezie for the night as his parent's went on a last minute trip to Chapel Hill. They were originally going to ask Sarah but, she had made plans to have a date night with John B at his so they asked Rafe instead.

So instead of getting drunk and making bad decisions off cheap beer, Y/N and Rafe were watching the comedic movie, Identity Thief, with Wheezie in the living room.

Even though the room was pitch black and the only light source they had in the room was coming from the TV, every now and then Y/N would catch Rafe looking at her. Every time she went to look back at him though, his eyes would dart back to the television to watch the movie playing. Little did she know, that he just couldn't stop staring at just how incredibly breathtaking his best friend is and tonight would be the night he tells her how he feels.

With twenty minutes remaining of the movie, light snores could be heard coming from Wheezie as she had fallen asleep. Rafe took that as his signal to pick her up and carry her into her room so she could be more comfy in her own bed.

When he had returned he asked Y/N if she would be interested in going for a drive with him which she gladly accepted and so off they went to his 2018 jet black ranger truck. As they were pulling out of the driveway of Tannyhill, Y/N was beginning to feel slightly tired so she asked him if they could go get coffee from the petrol station that was open 24/7. As they were driving towards the petrol station, small talk was made and even some light hearted jokes were thrown in here and there. Smiles plastered on both of their faces.

When they made it the petrol station, Rafe went in to the grab the coffee while Y/N checked the time on the radio and noticed it just hit midnight and it was the beginning of a new day. Rafe shortly returned with two hot cups of coffees and they were once again driving around until Rafe had parked at their special spot.

Back when they were thirteen, they had found this lookout when adventuring and instantly declared it as their special spot.

As they sat in the truck, they both hopped up and sat on the back of the truck and began drinking their coffees. Silence filled the air as they were drinking and all you could hear was the slight humming coming from the radio as the song "you are in love" by Taylor Swift was playing.

After the pair was done drinking their coffees, Rafe told Y/N to look up at the stars as their shoulders brushed...both of them feeling the eruption of butterflies in their stomach's as heat rose to their cheeks.

After a little while, Rafe broke the silence once again and asked Y/N a question that took her back a bit as she wasn't expecting it... "have you ever been in love?".

As Y/N was looking at him, she noticed a little sparkle in his eyes as the moonlight was the only form of light source and was contemplating telling him then and there that she was in love with the person next to her.

After a while she responded saying "yes, have you?"

In which he made eye contact and smiled slightly and then proceeded to say, "Yes, I am right now and I just really hope she feels the same way".

Y/N was happy for her best friend but, at the same time, slightly crushed as she instantly became jealous of this said girl he just mentioned. She quickly shook herself out of her thoughts and said to him, "I really hope so too... you deserve to be happy Rafe but, I must know who this special girl is?"

He was hesitant to respond as this would either make or break their friendship all together. After a little bit of silence and contemplating on telling her. He soon broke the silence and said, "you are my best friend and I believe you do deserve to know so....the girl I'm in love with is looking at me right now."

Y/N was completely taken back by what had just come out her best friend's mouth. 'Did I hear that correctly?', she thought to herself. As she was deep in her thoughts she didn't realise how she didn't even respond to what he had just said and so Rafe began to apologise for saying anything at all.

Then she said it... those words that Rafe has been dying to hear come out of her mouth from the moment he first developed strong feelings for the girl he calls his best friend.

"I'm in love with you Rafe Cameron".

___________________________________

And that is the end of the first story to this book! What do we think? Shall I continue writing or do I quit now?

For those who read this yesterday when I first posted this chapter. You might be a little confused as this is a whole different story but, I didn't like what I first originally posted so I rewrote to try and make it somewhat better? I hope that's okay!