Alpha and Omega ✨

Start from the beginning

I growled softly and crept closer to the bowl. Once I deemed it safe, I began eating and Brandon began petting me. I tensed up a bit but allowed it. After all, he was the only human who took care of me here. He had a good heart. "Everything's going to be okay, bud. I'm gonna get you out of here somehow.", he muttered absent-mindedly. I paused my eating to look up at him through the bars separating us. His hazel eyes were clouded with what looked like anger and concern. He was upset because of the mistreatment that happened to me when he wasn't around. "Don't worry, tall human. I will be okay.", I thought and continued to eat.

I would be okay, even if I had to escape to make it happen.

(NO ONE'S POV)

Brandon sighed as he watched the clock's hands move closer and closer to 12 o' clock notch. Three wolves had been adopted, and the last customer was taking her time filling out the last few clauses of her adoption papers. Brandon looked between the clock and the woman while rolling his eyes. "Excuse me, Miss? We're closing for lunch in a few minutes.", he informed the middle-aged woman earning a nod and smile from her. Moments later she was handing in her forms and leaving the store with her wolf following happily behind her.

Brandon silently cheered as he hurried to lock the front door and put up the 'CLOSED' sign. With a quick glance around the store, he rushed to the back of the building towards the emergency exit. A few key jingles later, the door was open and Brandon was peeking out of it. He watched with a bright smile as his best friend pulled into the alley behind the store and got out of his car. Danny held up a paper bag with an almost evil smirk as he approached the door. "What'd you bring me this time?", Brandon questioned excitedly as he granted his friend entrance to the store.

"Tacos.", Danny answered simply, "Consider yourself lucky that I love you.". Brandon and Danny shared a laugh as the two of them entered the main part of the store. "Have a look around! See if any of them catch your eye.", Brandon said while sitting on the counter and rummaging around his food bag. Danny hummed as he strolled down the aisles of kennels and pens. Happy yips and barks greeted him as he said hello to each of the large wolves he passed by. He stopped for a moment to reach a hand into the puppy cages to which he was met with kisses and playful nipping.

Danny hummed and allowed his mind to wander a bit while observing every kennel around him. Although the wolves in the shop were domesticated, it would take a firm hand to properly care for one of them. Especially if he was fortunate enough to find a shifter amongst the lot. Shifters used to be very common in pets and wildlife, but poaching had left the species nearly extinct. Wolf shifters were among the most powerful of shifters, second to only big cat breeds.

If he wanted to adopt one of these wolves, he had to be sure to pick the right one. Danny's eyes drifted to a dimly lit corner was surprised to see a single red cage sitting away from the others. Inside the cage was a very large wolf. Its fur was the color of midnight and the darkest obsidian steel. Its eyes were a deep burnt orange, and they were empty of any emotion. The stillness of the wolf was unusual considering the chaos around it.

"Hey, Brandon! Why's this one in a red cage?", Danny asked while removing his hand from the puppy enclosure and moving closer to the mysterious creature. Brandon, who had been busy enjoying his lunch, exclaimed through a mouthful of bean burrito before swallowing and patting his face clean with a napkin. "She's in there because she attacked a couple of workers while being brought here. She's a bit feral, too.", Brandon spoke nonchalantly as he sat in front of the cage. Danny watched in shock and heavy concern as Brandon carelessly stuck his hand inside the cage with the supposedly feral wolf.

"Dude what the hell are you doing?! You just said she was feral!", Danny exclaimed while reaching to pull Brandon's hand back. A loud, bone-chilling growl erupted from the cage, silencing all the other wolves and pups in their kennels. Danny pulled his hands away at the sight of the insanely large fangs being bared at him. "It's ok! He's my friend, so that means he's your friend, too.", Brandon cooed and the volume of the growl decreased until the store was silent again. Danny watched in awe as the previously angry beast walked calmly into his friend's hand, allowing him to pet her. "What did you say her name was?", Danny asked as he took a seat beside Brandon.

"She doesn't have a name yet. I was hoping a certain someone would adopt her and give her one.", Brandon admitted with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Danny looked between him and the wolf before shrugging. Danny thought about it for a moment before finally answering. "Sure, I'd love to adopt her, but I don't think she likes me that much.", he said while looking at the wolf who was already starring back at him. Brandon clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes before looking back at the wolf.

"Do you like him? He's a good person!", Brandon said earning a human-like snort from the animal. Brandon sighed and fully faced the wolf before saying, "If you go with him, he'll take really good care of you. He's a good cook, so you'll be fed well. I'm gonna visit you every day, too.". The wolf just continued to stare at the both of them with something that resembled human annoyance.

A few moments passed before the wolf stood and moved to sit in front of Danny. The two boys watched in awe as the creature extended a paw through the bars of the cage which Danny was happy to take in his hand. Brandon gave a cheer before standing and running to the front desk. "Don't just sit there! You've got adoption papers to sign!!", he yelled earning a sigh from Danny. With a nod to the wolf, the white-haired boy stood and made his over to begin the adoption process.

(Y/N'S POV)

Though I wasn't keen on being adopted by anyone, that tall human was annoyingly persuasive. The food here was horrible, and the other workers wanted me dead. I could feel the hatred they had for me whenever they passed my cage. There was something different about this new human, though. I could tell he had a good heart like his friend. His scent was vague and familiar at the same time. He was intriguing, to say the least.

If Brandon wanted me to go with this Danny person, I would go. He'd saved my life more than once from his co-workers. I owed him my life and respect for the good deeds he'd done for me. I watched silently as the white-haired one smiled at Brandon as he signed the papers on the counter. I tilted my head as I observed the expression. I'd seen many smiles throughout my life. Some were sad, others were a cover to hide whatever laid in wait beneath its surface, but most of them were fake. This smile was different; it was pure and clean of any ulterior motives.

Maybe going with him wouldn't be so bad after all.

THE END

(A/N): Hello my honeys!! Sorry for the long chapter lol. I hope you all enjoyed this story! Please remember to vote, share, and comment your thoughts! Also, remember to take good care of yourselves; eat your meals, take your medications if you have to, and for the love of God drink water!! I love you all sooo much!! <3

thesmolbean out.