83

the villains are on our tail.

"we don't have to fight them

"we don't have to fight them." deku explained, supporting y/n, jiro and half of the group's opinions. "all we have to do is rescue all might and everyone else at the party without facing the bad guys."

"that's easy to say, but you know it won't be that simple."

"i know! but i still want to try! we can figure out the best plan of action and keep these villains from winning. we can save everyone!"

"are you sure?"

"i know where the security system is. it's on the top floor of this tower. if these criminals took control of it, then the authentication locks and passwords have probably been disabled. we should be able to restart the system ourselves. we just have to stay off the villains' radar until we can get to the top floor. if we do that, the whole island will be safe again."

"then it's possible."

"sure but how do we keep on the low for that long?"

-

"the route's blocked." iida announced, the group finally stopping on the eightieth floor.

"what should we do? break through it?"

"i'm sure the security system would alert the villains that someone's in here." melissa frowned, bidding one of their options impossible.

"then why don't we go through this door?" a purple haired boy reached for the handle of a door that was placed beside them.

"mineta!"

"no don't!"

it flashed red and opened, giving the group another direction to go in but also letting the villains know their location.

by then, any chance of using the element of surprise had been completely destroyed, so they took the open door as an opportunity, and sprinted through the hallway it had opened up to.

"is there another way to go up?"

"there should be another emergency staircase at the other end of the hallway!"

before they could move any further, metal barriers began to block off their only way out, then restricting them from turning back. leaving then to be stuck in the enclosed space.

"todoroki!"

"i'm on it!"

in seconds, ice slurred from todoroki's foot, wedging the almost closed barrier open as iida ran towards the only door out and smashed it open with the strength from his engines.

"quick! we can cross through here!" iida called, waving the rest of them over to the hole in the wall.

"what is this place?"

"it's a plant factory. the research the effects that quirks have on fauna here."

"hold on." y/n ordered as she spread her white wings in front of the group, restricting them from running any further. "look, the elevator is coming up."

"don't tell me the villains found us." mineta gasped, watering at the eyes and nose while doing so.

"considering all them slamming barriers just then, i'm pretty sure the fucking have!" y/n yelled, pointing a finger in the boy's face. "and it's your fault! you little-"

"l/n, remember what i said. this is not the time."

y/n scowled at the smaller boy, "you keep getting lucky, but it won't last much longer." she whispered in a threatening tone before the group scattered to hide, splitting left and right, while y/n shot up to the ceiling with her wings.

y/n watched from above as her classmates peered at the people coming out of the elevator, not yet in view to her.

once they came below her, she spotted there were two of them. y/n considered dropping down on them but it would leave one free, and not knowing their quirks would be massive risk.

she had to wait.

"hey we see you stupid kids!" one of them called the students bluff, but y/n furrowed her brows once she spotted that their backs were to the bushes concealing her friends.

her eyes looked into the direction the pair were calling, only to see a rusting bush and glimpses of black and red within it.

"what'd you say, you bastard?"