40

attention on strangers.

washi left y/n seconds later, allowing her to unpack her belonging in peace

washi left y/n seconds later, allowing her to unpack her belonging in peace. y/n had thrown one of her two bags onto the large bed and unzipped it, throwing it open.

before she could manage to start unpacking the large window of the room caught her eye. the tour had lasted so long the city was lit by the dim street lamps and moon light. the sights from one of the highest rooms in the tower were breathtaking.

upon seeing the sights outside her window, y/n felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up broadly. it had given her goosebumps.

the girl had stood by the window for well over a moment. her eyes scanned the movement below, the city still bustling at such a late hour. y/n studied each person that caught her eye, some seemed to be rushing, most likely running late. while others dragged their feel along the floor, tired from a long day of work.

once she tore her gaze from the view she headed towards the bathroom, intending on running a shower and leaving her unpacking for the morning. but that only means i have to get up earlier.

"shit." she mumbled, weighing out her options. go to bed earlier, get up earlier. go to bed later, get up later. why was a struggling to choose?

her decision was finally set in stone upon seeing the marble bathtub that stood beside a floor to ceiling window, matching the one in the main room.

in seconds the faucet was running, leaving y/n to continue unpacking as she waited for the water to rise to a reasonable height.

she made an effort to hang easily creased clothes on the hangers while throwing the rest of her belongings in their designated draws. decided by her.

the water in the bath could be heard as it inched towards the top, signalling y/n to turn off the tap. the bathtub now full of burning hot water.

only having a couple of things left, y/n rushed to unpack the remaining things left in her second bag. the first now empty and stuffed under the bed, out of sight.

y/n's smile grew wide, spotting her final item at the bottom of the bag. it had been concealed in a covering, to avoid any damage that could have been made. her hand reached into the bag, taking a hold of the hanger it was already on and pulling it up.

in front of her was her newly improved hero costume.

y/n had to hold herself back from stealing at the sight, seeming to get exited each time she saw it as it was the first once again.

her internship was not only a great experience but also gave her a change to take it out for a spin, finally having to fight in it.

mei had ordered the girl to promise to come to her when she arrived back with any issues she had found when fighting in it and if there was anything else they could improve or include.

the costume was quickly hung up at the end of the wardrobe before the girl skipped to the bathroom and got into the steaming bath.

music played faintly from y/n's phone, while her eyes were now glued on the city once more. she looked on towards the closest building, spotting people still at the desks, working hard.

time passed, the busy skyscraper beside hawks's agency had managed to keep y/n's mind occupied for long over an hour. the girl hand the realised how much time had passed before she felt her eyes begin to feel heavy, causing her to check the time.

1:38am. it wouldn't have been much of a problem if the girl wasn't expected to be awake and in training uniform, in the gym by 8am.

shit.