79

turning back time.

bakugo cocked his head towards the green haired boy that stood not far from y/n, his expression switching up completely as his eyes met his

"what the hell are you doing here deku!" he screamed, his grip tightening around the railing, beginning to mould it to the shape of his hands.

"hey there kacchan, maybe calm down a little?" the small boy piped, only to regret it moments later when bakugo's screams resumed.

"don't you dare tell me what to do!"

"bakugo! calm yourself!"

"why is that boy so angry?" melissa asked kyoka who stood beside her, watching the encounter.

"that's just who he is. but...he's softened up a bit recently." kyoka smirked to herself at the thought of her friend.

"he and deku are fated rivals!"

"so kirishima, you two got asked to the i-expo as well?" yaoyorozu asked over the railing that had separated a terrified deku and a raging bakugo.

"nah, bakugo was invited, since he won the ua sports festival. i just tagged along with him. you guys gonna do this villain course or what?"

"yeah princess." a voice cooed, "i'm sure you're all healed up by now, i think you're just looking for an excuse to get out of it."

"really?" she cocked a brow as she extended her wings. "fine, i'll beat your ass fireworks."

"i'd like to see you try."

y/n flapped up into the air and landed on the podium in the centre of the stadium, awaiting for the announcers next words.

"ready...set...go!" the siren blared and y/n shot off from the ground. she had been lying about her injured leg, which had basically healed all the way up by then. only using it as an excuse to continue on the tour.

she used her feet mostly to smash into each robot she spotted atop the mountain. her classmates watched her closely as she was approaching the end of the course, 11 seconds, 12 seconds, 13 seconds, 14 seconds...

"wow! we now have a joint first place! 15 seconds!"

y/n frowned at the results, getting a long flush of deja vu washed over her at the thought of drawing with bakugo. just as she did in the entrance exam.

"weak!" bakugo mimicked her words from earlier with a grin, earning a silent middle finger back before she brought herself back up to the stands.

"it was my injured leg, okay? i would have beaten you into the ground if i didn't have it." y/n lied, rubbing her 'injured' leg lightly.

"i'm pretty sure that was the leg you were kicking all them robots with, right y/n?" bakugo furrowed his brows and refused to let his grin falter.

"tch." she scoffed, turning from him and back to her friends. but it didn't last long as she overheard the same boy screaming at deku, who was frightened out of his mind.

"don't even try it. there's no way you'll get a better score than i did."

"yeah. you're probably right. yep."

"i'm not so sure. only one way to find out i guess."

"yeah. you're probably right. yep- wait!"

just hurry up and get your pathetic attempt over, you damn nerd! get out of here!"

"right, i'll do that."

moments later the announcement of deku participating came through. "we've got a new challenger coming in at the last minute. will he end up on top or fail in front of the entire expo?...the attack course is set. ready. go!"

y/n watched midoriya closely, all to be spotted was bolts of green light as he bounced around the course at top speed, taking each villain out with it.

this is going to be close.

thirteen seconds, fourteen seconds, fifteen seconds...

"incredible run! he's in second place at 16 seconds."

"wow!"

"that was a good showing midoriya."

"i didn't think i'd be able to get so close to kacchan's time." the small green haired boy confessed, only making another vein stand prominently on bakugo's head.

"calm it down fireworks." y/n came to stand beside him and smiled. "we've still got first place huh. and i know it would be only me in first place if it weren't for the injured leg but...that's beside the point. he didn't beat you, so stop being angry, calm down, and let's go."

meanwhile another challenged had stepped into the arena, with the intent to take the top spot. "this is insane!" the girl with the microphone squealed as enormous shards of ice appeared from the ground. "14 seconds! this gentleman has jumped to the top of the pact!"

"please-"

"out of the way, icy hot bastard!"