81

why would i know?!

"sorry we're late iida, it took us a while to get ready

"sorry we're late iida, it took us a while to get ready." ochaco stepped into the room first with a bright smile on her face and a hint of blush on her cheeks.

"best night ever!" mineta and kaminari cheered at the sight, while deku was a stuttering mess.

"apologies for the tardiness, jiro's feeling shy." momo smiled, all eyes were then on the two dark haired girls, one hidden behind the other.

"jackpot! yes!"

"this is fancier that anything i've ever worn before."

"mina and y/n are just on their way up, the elevator is restricted to three people so we will have to wait." momo explained the girls that were absent.

the group stood there, jiro and iida in an awkward conversation, momo and shoto fawning over one another, deku and ochaco doing the same but in a much less graceful way, and denki and minoru were eyeing up the dresses and the bodies in them.

all eyes flicked to the elevator as the audible ding clicked. the doors slowly opened to the last two girls with wide grins on their faces.

"we have finally arrived!" mina cheered, steady dancing around the small group the group was gathered in.

"wow wow wow." the two boys' jaws now on the floor.

"hey guys." y/n greeted, approaching iida and jiro. "sorry we are late iida." the boy waved his hands up and down, blushing ever so slightly at the girl's kind demeanour, all while dressed in a gorgeous gown.

"oh it's no problem ladies, no problem at all. now all that is left is...kirishima and bakugo."

y/n scoffed at his name, although she had hoped for him to attend, she had the same conversation with mina while the riser through the elevator.

"you exited to see bakugo?" mina grinned, nudging the girl's side with her elbow.

with a small shade of pink on her cheeks at the thought, y/n turned to mina and cocked her brows. "first of all, no. second, i am one hundred and one percent sure i will not be seeing him at some fancy ball. and three, even if he did turn up, why would i be exited?"

lies. y/n knew. and mina knew it too. she was in denial, and kirishima claimed that bakugo was the exact same. so...she followed her boyfriends advice, using the same card he had.

"so...if we get up there now...and let's say you saw him...you wouldn't be the slightest bit happy?"

yes.

"no."

"so, by saying that...you wouldn't be jealous if...let's say...he and melissa were slow dancing in the middle of the room?"

a vein could have popped out of y/n's head in that moment, as the frustration at even the mere thought of that happening was visible to anyone that looked. in that moment, it was mina.

she giggled at her friends reaction before smiling coyly as y/n composed herself after her seconds of anger, to squeeze out a, "no."

"okay, whatever you say."

"do you know where they are?" iida questioned, looking down at l/n.

she shook her head with a frustrated look, jiro almost coughed out a laugh at the sight. "what? why would i know?!" she fell silent for a moment before looking down at the ground. "sorry, i don't know what came over me...no i don't know where they are...mina might know."

the boy stepped away from them and walked over to mina who stood beside midoriya and uraraka to question the boys' whereabouts.

"i think you almost scared the boy to death."

"please, don't remind me."