04

you two were joint first.

the entire class was now stood on the freshly cut grass of the school field

the entire class was now stood on the freshly cut grass of the school field. aizawa stood before them not having said a word just yet.

moments later the silence was broken, "today we are going to be testing your quirks, in your old schools you were never able to train them, so this is where it begins." aizawa continued, "bakugo, what's your record for throwing a softball?"

he shrugged, "67 meters."

y/n rolled her eyes. it was impressive, 67 meters was pretty far, especially without using your own quirk, but she wasn't about it let him know that.

"now i want you to try it, using your quirk." aizawa dropped a soft ball into the blonde boy's hand. a sinister grin crept onto his face.

bakugo threw the ball up and caught it back in him hand a couple of times as he lined himself up, preparing to throw. he stretched his arm by swinging it in circles, pushing his shoulder back for pressure.

he finally pulled his arm back, before lunging forward with all his strength, his entire body moving with him. "die!" he yelled angrily as the ball left his hand.

sparks were left behind, flaring at his fingertips while it almost looked like the ball was on fire. his angry look never disappeared, he seemed to be on edge y/n had picked up, waiting for aizawa's next words.

his words left worrying faces on a handful of classmates, as they all awaited his softball record. aizawa gave the boy an awarding nod, "705.2 meters, congratulations."

the class erupted in talk of how they thought ua's physical education classes wouldn't be this fun and easy. by the looks of aizawa's almost missable change in facial expression, he didn't seem to like it.

"we will continue through the class and complete other tasks alike, whoever scores last i'll be expelled from ua." aizawa's threat had half the class turn silent while the other burst into flames, shouting about how he doesn't have the authority to do so.

"he's obviously not going to." y/n mumbled to the person beside her, not turning her head to look at the classmate.

"i know, seems he just wants everyone to work their asses off." the voice of the person beside her explained. y/n nodded at the soft words replying with a quiet 'exactly' before her eyes locked with aizawa's.

"l/n please come here." his low voice called. she plastered a smile onto her face and approached her teacher. "you scored the same as bakugo in the entrance exam, did you not?"

"i did." she nodded her smile falling ever so slightly. it felt that it's something she will never manage to escape.

"your personal best?" aizawa continued on, looking down at the female student awaiting her answer.

"53 meters sir." the girl answered politely, a proud smile on her lips.

that was until a loud scoff could be heard from behind her. y/n's head jerked, she had known who it was but still her instincts were telling her to turn around and punch him square in the face.

she kept her head forward, facing her teacher. she wasn't going to let some sixteen year old boy throw her off.

the ball was dropped in her hand, she took a long look at it before stretching her arms out, preparing herself to throw.

her arm coiled back, ball tightly gripped in hand. she shut her eyes for a moment and breathed in deeply. her wings emerged from her back and stood proudly at her sides.

then not moments after her eyes fluttered back open and the ball went flying through the air. before it reached too far away she pulled her wings backwards before letting them flap forwards, a strong gust of wind sending the ball further through the air.

y/n turned and saw a couple of classmates on the ground, fallen victim to the strong draught she had created. "sorry." she bowed slightly and rubbed the back of her neck as she stood straight.

"547.6 meters." aizawa's read, his voice painfully monotone. although it hadn't reached the now class record bakugo had set, it didn't stop y/n from being proud of herself.

that was until a small chuckle could have been heard from the same spot as the previous scoff. but this time she had spun around to face him and crossed her arms over her chest.

"weak."

she had finally had enough. she stared straight back into his eyes, a dark scarlett looking back at her. what had been y/n's e/c eyes morphed into a red that matched his own.

"what did you just say pipsqueak?" she had kept a straight face, but was a giggling mess on the inside. she had known the nickname will immediately set him off.

"pipsqueak! who the hell are you calling pipsqueak?" sparks began to emerge out of his hands the moment the nickname had slipped from her lips. his eye twitched, not enjoying the name he was given by some extra.

neither of their eyes faltered once, both glowing red, it was almost as if bakugo had steam coming out of his ears.

"you."