25

fight, fight, fight.

once the lunch break had passed the billboard revealing the parings for the tournament

hitoshi shinso vs izuku midoriya

shoto todoroki vs hanta sero

ibara shiozaki vs denki kaminari

momo yaoyorozu vs fumikage tokoyami

yuga aoyama vs mina ashido

y/n l/n vs mei hatsume

eijiro kirishima vs tetsutetsu tetsutetsu

ochaco uraraka vs katsuki bakugo

"tokoyami." momo mumbled, "that's who i'll be fighting first."

"i've got mei, i'm not sure what to expect from her." y/n chuckled, searching to see if she could spot her future opponent

"yaoyorozu." a deep voice called from behind the two girls. y/n jumped, them taking her by surprise before they both turned to face them. "sorry if i startled you y/n," he tired to momo. "i just wanted to say i look forward to going up against you."

"hello tokoyami, i look forward to it as well." momo nodded at the boy, with a warm smile on her face, "are you coming up to the stands?"

"i will."

the three then walked up and sat beside their classmates, y/n and momo sat beside mina and jiro, while fumikage sat somewhere towards the back.

"that was nice of him." y/n stated, turing back to look at him for a moment. "it's gonna be a difficult fight."

"i'll give it my all." yaoyorozu squeezed y/n's hand as she spoke, earring a proud nod from her friend.

it wasn't long before the first fight began, midoriya already taking the fighting stance while shinso stood still, staring back at him.

the crowd could see the two speaking, their words were inaudible due to the distance from them to the stands.

"not much is happening." y/n whispered to momo, who's eyes were still on the two below.

"look."

y/n turned her gaze back to the fight, no fists had clashed, no blood had spilled but midoriya was approaching the border. nearing out of bounds.

present mic commendation followed everyone's thoughts. what was midoriya doing?

it looked as if he were struggling against something pulling him back. a force pushing him further away.

shinso, izuku's opponent watched him carefully, not moving from his original spot. was this his quirk? how was he making midoriya do this?

and how the hell is midoriya moving forward again?

the crowd watched eagerly as the boy seemed to break out of his trance, now moving towards his purple haired opponent.

with two broken fingers, he had managed to push shinso out of bounds, taking some hits to the damage on his hands.

"hitoshi shinso is out of bounds! izuku midoriya wins!"

class 1-a cheered their classmate from the stands, screaming his name and clapping their hands. the boy looked up and blushed, overwhelmed by the praise.

within the time of the fight, sero and todoroki had gotten up and headed towards the preparation rooms. awaiting their fight.

not much time passed before the two stood on the grounds, waiting patiently for the whistle to be blown.

"see ya later guys!" kaminari stood from his seat. his fight being next.

"best of luck!"

the second fight began with sero having the upper hand, todoroki already being wrapped up in his tape. momo's grip on y/n's hand was tight, nervous for the boy that had been restrained.

suddenly, he used his ice to escape sero's grasp, freezing the boy almost entirely in the process.

but the ice didn't stop.

the hard matter had been meters away from where y/n had sat, extending over the stadium roof.

"hanta sero is immobilised! shoto todoroki wins!"

class 1-a continued to dominate the competition.