07

only four seconds.

you "four seconds, that's it

you "four seconds, that's it." she breathed quietly to herself. "four seconds." she repeated to herself over and over as she stepped into the still pedals.

she placed both of her hands on the floor, the stones mixed into the gravel were digging into her palms slightly. so she moved her hands and swiped away any rubble from her hand placements and palms, before setting them down once more.

anyone in her situation would be nervous, the entire class was watching her race against time, instead of a competitor. and yet it didn't affect her one bit. it was only one set of eyes seemed to bother her in the slightest, but y/n was quick to shake the thought from her head.

"four seconds." she whispered once again. she looked forward, staring down the finish line, not letting anything cloud her thoughts. only. four. seconds.

her angelic wings sprung from her back gracefully. they fluttered in front her prominently before spreading completely outward.

although it wasn't the first time the class had seen them, their expressions didn't falter. words of amazement could be heard from the crowd which made her smile grow.

she really had to win this.

keep your body horizontal, less area for particles to slow you down. wings back and go.

y/n followed her thoughts, pulling her wings forward ready for them to spring back like a slingshot. she disappeared behind them. touching one another, from the front she couldn't have been spotted.

"get on with it!" a voice yelled, crimson eyes suddenly meeting hers.

her eyes morphed into a bright red, going against aizawa's wishes. she had used her quirk against him.

"jesus christ, do you ever shut your mouth. my god!" she finally gave in, having heard enough of his voice. she had control over him, and no one had realised.

he stayed silent for the very few moments she had him wrapped around his finger but soon released him by turning back to the finish line.

gain back the focus.

"HEH! SHE USED HER QUIRK ON ME!" he screamed, seeming to hate being under her control. it wiped the smug grin right off his face. she may have answered back, which was all he wanted, knowing he had riled her up. but there was no way in hell she was going to allow him to have the satisfaction.

"no i did not." she denied sweetly to aizawa and the class. she had been sure someone from the class would have notice but it seems it managed to go right over aizawa's head.

"bakugo, l/n, not another word or it's another detention." aizawa pointed his finger between the two of them.

"sorry sensei." y/n was quick to apologise, keeping up with her good act. and it seemed to annoy her classmate, which was a definite bonus.

"sorry sensei." bakugo mimicked silently. but aizawa's eyes were already looking at him, catching bakugo in the act. he tutted at the boy, indicating if he were to do it again he would have to face the consequences.

y/n laughed to herself upon seeing the situation happen but soon shakes off all of her thoughts for the past couple of minutes and got her head back in the game.

her wings were pulled forward further thank before and her sights were set on the end of the track. this was it now. no more distractions.

four seconds.

"on your marks."

four seconds.

"get set."

"four seconds."

"go."

before anyone could blink an eye, y/n's wings flapped backwards sending her through the air. she was over the finish line as soon as she had started.

aizawa had been correct with his prediction, everyone on the side lines had been sent back due to the gust of wind that suddenly hit them. some students even on the floor dumbfounded, not having processed what had just happened.

the entire class looked towards their classmate, who now stood at the end of the 50 meter track. she lifted her hand and bowed apologetically, having seen what she had done.

but everyone was eager to know, how long had she taken to pass the line? they all now watched the digital screen in anticipation.

everyone but bakugo of course, not worried at all about her beating him. he had definitely- "3.78 seconds, congratulations y/n." bakugo's neck snapped around suddenly at his teacher's words.

"what?!" he barked. there is no way she had beat me. no way in the world.

the girl that had taken the role as his enemy approached them, him, with a smug grin masked with a sweet smile.

"better luck next time, fireworks."