57

turning soft.

"come here

"come here." bakugo said sternly, pulling her by the wrist towards him.

"no." she stomped, the two now getting ready to leave the restaurant. "you are horrible!"

"l/n come here." he repeated, pulling on her harder. "y/n!"

never once had she heard her first name come from katsuki bakugo, causing him to catch her off guard. he took the opportunity to yank her towards him and place his hoodie over her shoulder.

y/n's eyes grew to the size of saucers upon realising bakugo's kind gesture. would i call it kind after the stunt he just pulled? no.

"you're welcome." he whispered, a slight annoyed tone to it. i did her a favour.

"thanks." she whispered, almost inaudibly. bakugo had barely overheard her, but he smiled ever so slightly at her thankfulness.

the sky was now dark, not a star in sight. the only thing emitting light was the dim street lamps along the street.

bakugo, surprisingly, had insisted on walking her home. y/n assumed it was to get his hoodie back, while bakugo convinced himself the same thing.

but upon reaching her door he refused to take the hoodie back. "it'll stink like you, keep it." he insisted, y/n snarled at his reasoning but didn't protest against it.

she tucked it beneath her arm and smiled at the blonde before her. "thanks for a relatively good day, and for scaring my tongue!" she said the second half in a more aggressive tone, but still kept her smile.

"no problem weakling." bakugo grinned ever so slightly, before stepping off her front door step and walking away.

y/n closed the door behind her once he was out of sight and ran up to her room, not wanting to deal with her mother's questions once she saw the hoodie that was clearly not hers.

caramel huh?

a strong smell of caramel over took y/n nose when bakugo wrapped his hoodie around her. the smell now even stronger as she pressed it up against her nose.

this is weird.

she frowned at herself in the mirror and threw the hoodie down onto her bed. cursing at herself for doing something so peculiar.

bakugo walked back down the dimly lot street, no being able to take her off his mind. what the fuck? he scolded, that was his favourite hoodie too.

his eyes were glued to the floor, continuously kicking the same stone down the entire road. no matter how much he tried, she seemed to creep her way back into his thoughts.

it was driving him crazy.

"get out of my head." y/n yelled aloud, the hot water of the shower ran down her body. her thoughts should have been on the sudden warms after being drenched in litres of water, but bakugo was overshadowing everything.

since when were we not yelling at each other? y/n asked herself, truly wanting an answer. it was as if not only katsuki but herself had switched up entirely.

first the internship.

then at the pool.

they even trained together.

and went out for dinner.

why? y/n asked herself once again, now rubbing her damp hair in between her towel. as she walked back into her bedroom, the hoodie on her bed drew her eyes immediately.

how did we get to this?

bakugo had began to shiver in the cold breeze of the night. the weather being the only reason he had brought the hoodie with him in the first place.

why had he given it to her?

his eyes were glued on the prominent goosebumps that ran up his arms. cursing at his actions.

how did we get to this?