64

swapping partners.

"now we've filled our bellies and washed the dishes! next

"now we've filled our bellies and washed the dishes! next..."

"...it's time for the rest of courage!" mina blurred out, jumping up and down in excitement.

"we're gonna test it!"

"before that, it pains me to say this, but the extra lessons group will be having a class with me now." aizawa stated, eating a dissatisfied look from the people apart of that.

ashido, kirishima, kaminari, sero and sato.

"you've got to be kidding me!"

"sorry. your training during the day wasn't good enough, so i have to use this time."

"give me a break!"

"let us be tested!"

"okay." the blue cat began, gesturing towards the small path that lead through the parted forest. "so class b will be first to be the scarers. class a will leave in pairs every three minutes. there are tags with you names written on them in the middle of the route, so being those back with you.  those being the scarers aren't allowed to make direct contact. show us how scary you are with your quirks."

"the class that makes the most people piss their pants with creativity and imagination wins!"

"stop." kyoka complained. "that's filthy."

"i see, they are trying to make us refine our ideas by making us compete with each other, giving us more options for our quirks in the process! as expected of ua!"

"now, you'll draw lots to determine your partners!"

y/n watched as each student pulled a number from the hat, looking at it in joy or disgust depending on their partner.

she could of sworn she caught sight of jiro slip a number back into the hat, pressing it further down to the bottom. due to curiosity, y/n insisted she went next, reaching for the one kyoka had left.

team 3.

"team three!" y/n called out, waving the piece of paper in the air. "who's on team three?"

"l/n, i am." a monotone voice spoke. y/n turned to see todoroki holding up a piece of paper with the number three written in black ink. "i look forward to working together."

where is momo?

"yeah, i do too." y/n nodded, looking around the crowd trying to find her best friend in the hopes of switching with her.

"y/n hi." her familiar voice called, "are you alright?"

"yes yes!" y/n lowered the tone of her voice, not wanting todoroki to overhear. "swap with me, i'm with todoroki."

"are you sure?" momo asked for her friends reassurance. "one hundred percent?"

"yes! now take it!" she practically shoved the small piece of paper into her friends hand and snatched hers out of the other.

momo had a thankful look on her face, but not for the reasons y/n thought.

"number two! number two!" y/n called out, searching around the crowd of her class once again. "number-"

"will you shut up! i'm number two alright!" bakugo pushed her slightly, sick of hearing her yell. number two! it was as if it were ingraved in his brain.

"don't you tell me to shut up!" y/n huffed, contemplating to request switching back with yaoyorozu, but then again this was all for her and todoroki.

"i'll kill you!"

"not if i kill you first!"

there was a hint of joking in the tones the two shared. something no one would have heard three months ago at the start of their school year.

"let's go! you better not act like a baby katsuki."

why is she still calling me that.

"y/n." his raspy, low voice had y/n stop in her tracks. not being able to get enough of him saying her name.

"don't call me that!"

"then don't call me katsuki! you little hypocrite!"

he didn't mind it when it was her. and she didn't mind it when it was him.