35

not like this.

"it's the final battle of the ua high school sports festival!" present mic voice bounced off the walls of the stadium while the crown roared louder than ever before

"from the hero course, shoto todoroki! versus also from the hero course, katsuki bakugo!"

both faces appeared on the board on the side of the stadium. upon seeing his face y/n didn't know how to react. how could her ego face seeing him ever again.

maybe i can just avoid him?

avoid him? who am i kidding?

"start!"

todoroki's hand hid the floor in an instant, ice forming from the ground up into large spikes, filling the arena with a teeth chattering chill.

"damn it!" bakugo cursed, exploding each and every piece of ice that came his way, right before it submerged him completely.

"is that it over already?" ashido questioned with a finger to her cheek.

silence filled the air for a moment, before the faint sound of banging grew louder and louder. everyone watched at the ice in front of todoroki began to crack, small shards falling from the large obstacle with each bang.

bakugo roared as he escaped the ice, managing to  have dug himself a tunnel through the solid matter.

"the stronger the quirk..." the boy placed both hands on the edges of the ice, exploding his way forward towards his opponent. "the more imprecise the attack!"

shoto's hand reached out towards him, threatening to use the ice of his quirk once again. but in less than a second, bakugo shot an explosion to the side, sending himself out of todoroki's attack range.

"are you underestimating me?" he grumbled, grabbing a hold of the half could half hot boys hair, throwing his body as if it were nothing. "idiot!"

the boy's body aproaxhed the edge of the stage, inching towards the line. but a smooth wall of ice was build just in time. "he avoids going out of bounds with a wall made of his quirk, ice!"

bakugo jumped at him, explosions sparking at his palms. y/n realised he had now taken his gloves off, meaning that he intending on wearing them for their fight only, knowing it would benefit him.

todoroki grabbed a hold of bakugo's right wrist, having the chance to use his left. to use the fire.

without giving his mind to give it a second thought he thre his body just as he did his, only bakugo had found himself on his feet easily.

"am i not strong enough to make you use it?" both of the boy's hands came to amp up the size of his explosions, "bastard! i'll show you what'll happen when you if you make a food out of me! i want and indisputable first place! there's no point if i can't get higher up than deku. i can't get that even if i beat that scum that underestimates me! i'll kill you! if you have no intention of winning, then don't stand in front of me!"

the boy then charged, still talking as his feet pushed him forward towards todoroki.

"why are you just standing here? damn it!"

bakugo yelled and charged while todoroki did the exact opposite, standing still and in silence. his hand was seen to drop slightly, a hint of surrender in his body language. ice began to form on his right side, freezing his skin slowly.

so he was giving up.

"todoroki!" midoriya yelled from the stands, hands cupped round his mouth to louden his voice. "don't lose, do your best!"

todoroki's demeanour changed once he heard izuku's encouraging words, eyes widening whole bakugo scoffed, "that damn nerd."

bakugo blasted up from the ground and towards todoroki as flames burst from the other boy's left side.

the explosive boy blasted himself in different directions to throw todoroki off, the blonde's body soon twisting at such speed you couldn't see him within the newly made tornado.

bakugo approached todoroki's lit hand, proud to have him using his forbidden side against him just as he did with midoriya. however, all was dropped when todoroki lowered his arm, his flames coming down with it.

"howitzer impact!" the angry boy yelled, not seeing todoroki's lowered arm. his hand collided with the ice behind the boy, shattering it with an enormous explosion.

as the smoke cleared away all looked to see if they could find the two finalists in the pot below. and it hadn't taken long to spot an unconscious todoroki and an angry bakugo.

"you put out your flames!" bakugo growled at the sight before him. he got to his feet and approached todoroki's body. "hey. hey!" he picked up the pace, running at the body and taking his limp body by the collar. "stop screwing around! to get first place like this! like this?! like-"

pink fog filled the air, forcing bakugo unconscious. midnight stood beside them, the sleeve of her left arm lifted, using her quirk.

"todoroki is out of bounds! that means, bakugo wins!"