40 | happy memories

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"You guys did very well." I encouraged the trainees after their long day of recording. Under the company I work at, I've been working with a boy group that's about to debut soon. They're called Trainee A, consisting of high schoolers.

"There's a part that I'm struggling with... the ad-lib for the bridge." One of the guys, Sangwon asked.

"It's an ad-lib, so you can honestly just do anything you feel like sounds nice with it. Just relax your jaw muscles, because if you have too much tension it won't come out clearly." I gave him some advice and he nodded.

"How do you do the vocal tears?" Another trainee asked and I told him it would take a whole lot of practice to get there. That technique is commonly used in rock songs.

"It's James' birthday today and we wanna surprise him. Do you know any place with good cakes?" One of them whispered to me and I nodded.

"I'll call someone right now." I gave him two thumbs up.

"Hey, babe. Are you busy?" I smiled to myself once Suji picked up the call.

"Not really, why?" She said in a happy tone. I bet she's twirling strands of her hair around her fingers right now.

"If you have an extra cake and some time, could you quickly come over here and drop one off? One of my students' birthday is today, and his members want to surprise him." I told her and she got excited.

"Of course! Let me know his name and stuff, I'll quickly decorate it and come over there." She commented before hanging up.

"I got the cake." I said to the boys and they got hyper. I know they want to eat something sweet as well after their long day, so consider it my treat.

About thirty minutes later, I got the notification from the front desk that a visitor for me is here. I hopped onto the elevator to pick up my fiancée from downstairs.

"Hey, baby." Suji kissed my cheek and I smiled. I looked at the cake and it looks really good- we just need to find a way to smuggle it in without James finding out.

"Oh my gosh!" The boys formed a circle around the cake before ruining it with candles. Just kidding, they said it's supposed to be an abstract.

They turned off the lights and blindfolded James, then screaming out the happy birthday song once he entered. He happily blew out the candles and the boys smudged some frosting onto his face.

"Does it hurt?" I asked Suji.

"What hurts?" She tilted her head while looking at me.

"Seeing your beautiful cake get all messed up by a bunch of teenage boys." I joked.

"It's okay, that's the point of cakes! To make people happy," she smiled. "It gets ruined anyways when people eat them- so as long as you get a smile and happy memories from it, I'm satisfied."

"Baking really is your passion." I admired her answer.

"Is she your girlfriend?" James asked while chewing with his mouth open.

"She's my fiancée!" I held her hand up and showed the ring. The boys just giggled.

"So she's the inspiration behind your legendary love songs." One of the trainees winked and my eyes grew wide.

"What songs?" Suji grew very curious and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Once the boys left the company to go home, Suji stayed behind and kept bringing up the songs. I finally gave in and made her listen to a few.

"I wrote this after we broke up... it's called Ghosting. You asked me before how I felt after we split up, and I didn't know how to explain it. Although, this song does." I put the headphones on her.

Suji was bopping her head to the beat while crying to the lyrics. She took my hand, pulling me closer so I could embrace her. Her head on my shoulders as she listened closely to the song.

"I'm sorry I made you feel alone." She whispered.

"That was long ago; we're okay now. I'm sorry too for being impatient before." I patted her head and we stayed like that for a while.

We've learned and we've grown. The love I have for this girl is stronger than the loneliness I felt when she left me. It only hurt because I love her so much.

___________________________

The way I'm trying to figure out if y'all really skipped Taehyun's POV last chapter or were just too scared to comment lol hmm 🤔😂

Also, this book is ending soon & I'm starting my classes this week so I'll probs become very busy. Mind you, I'm a university student and also working a job- might be two jobs soon. I have a whole Beomgyu book written out, so I'll probs post that soon :) if my update times r super weird, all reasons stated above <3

Song: TOMORROW X TOGETHER (투모로우바이투게더) — Ghosting