14 | worried sick

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"I got bored of the relationship; I fucked up." Was Junhyuk's only response to my question as to why he cheated on Yina.

That seriously infuriated me.

"Then you should have just broken up with her! Do you know how much mental damage cheating does to a person?" I pulled him by the collar, but he avoided my eyes. "You're a fucking coward and an asshole. That girl loved you like crazy."

"I was afraid of how she'd react. I know she wouldn't leave me if I did," he heavily sighed. This guy has absolutely no remorse. "I screwed up."

"Fuck you!" I threw a punch towards his face and he immediately fell onto the ground. "You're better left alone anyways! You're a selfish asshole. I hope karma comes around to you! No way are you getting your hands on my cousin ever again. You made your choice to hurt her, so now I won't let you have her at all."

___________________________

Suji~

"Hey, you've been sleeping all day. It's almost dinner time," I tried to wake Yina up but she wouldn't budge. "We're gonna eat soon. The food is ready."

"Five minutes..." she sat up with her eyes closed and took a few deep sighs. "I have a stomachache. I feel like throwing up."

"Oh? Do you want me to buy you some medication? Maybe you just need to fill up your stomach- plus, you haven't been eating much lately." I patted her back and she nodded.

Yina, Dabin, and I ate our meals in complete silence- simply taking the time to just devour everything. Once it was all gone, we had some girl talk and stuff.

"Does you tummy still hurt?" Dabin asked and Yina nodded.

"Did you eat anything off lately? Or maybe you're gonna have your period soon? Or could you perhaps be.... pregnant?" I've been thinking about it since earlier, but I didn't want to bring it up. She's still sensitive from the breakup, so giving her a scare might just add more stress.

"I haven't thought of it..." Her face suddenly showed signs of concern. She now looks pale and became lightheaded.

I grabbed my jacket and immediately headed out to the pharmacy. Just in case, I purchased both some Advil and a pregnancy test kit.

I really hope it isn't what we think it is. She's already going through so much, and having a piece of him will just pain her completely. Yes, a child is truly a blessing... but we're not even graduated yet and that guy cheated on her. I can't begin to imagine what he'll do if she ends up positive.

"Wish me luck." Yina went into the washroom and took the test, while Dabin and I impatiently stood outside the door.

"I'm scared for her..." Dabin whispered and I nodded in agreement.

Few minutes later, we heard loud cries coming from the bathroom. I tried to turn the knob so we could come in, but she seems to be pushing the door from the other side.

We both already knew what it meant, so we just want to console her.

"Yina, it's okay. We're here for you!" I looked at Dabin and we both showed signs of pity. We knocked a couple more times, until she finally opened up and fell into my arms.

"What do I do?" Her voice was barely audible as we all stared at the pregnancy test. Positive. "Do I even tell him?"

"Take a few deep breaths in. We'll get through this." I patted her back.

"My parents would kill me if they find out," she started walking around the room in panic. "Should I just run away? Maybe go to America or something... I'll hide until I give birth. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I don't want an abortion because of the risks. I'll either keep the child or give them up for adoption."

She really shouldn't have to be thinking about these right now. Whatever is going on with her life makes my worries appear so small. I'm gonna be stronger so I can help my best friend.

Yina needs those who love her now more than ever.

___________________________

omg I found a tiktok that was promoting 'Educational Purposes' so I read the comments and it's so cute aaa tysm for reading<3

Song: ALEPH (아레프) — No One Told Me Why