16 | responsibility

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

Yina and I went over to Junhyuk's dorm to finally pop the news. She kept insisting for me to come, even though I kept telling her that she'll eventually have to start doing things by herself.

"What if he doesn't believe it's his? What if he yells at me... what if he doesn't want to take responsibility?" She began overthinking again. Yina was five weeks in when we found out, and now it's been nine. She's hid it from Junhyuk and her parents for almost a month.

"Then he's an asshole. That's why I'm here, right? So none of that will happen." I reassured her.

The door opened, and Junhyuk stared at us in confusion. Yina's eyes begun to shake as she looked at him, frozen in spot and speechless. She hasn't seen him since their breakup, so I totally understand.

"Uhm... are you gonna pick up your other belongings?" Junhyuk rubbed the back of his neck, making her finally snap back into reality.

"I have something very important to tell you." She mumbled. He nodded and let us inside the room.

"Why is he here?" He pointed at me.

"In case you become violent." I rolled my eyes and he just scoffed.

Yina began to stomp her foot, which grabbed both of our attention.

"I'm pregnant, it's your child..." She blurted out of nowhere, which left both Junhyuk and I in shock. I'm surprised by how easily she let that out.

"Really?" His eyes grew wide. "We're actually having a baby?"

"Yes..." Yina looked at him in confusion while taking out the sonogram. She handed it to him and Junhyuk bursted out crying. "Are you mad?"

"Why would I be mad? I mean, yeah it's unexpected... but it's here. What would being angry do?" He shrugged. This is the first sensible thing that came out of his mouth in a long while.

"What if you get bored of the baby?" Yina looked him in the eye and did not stutter. "Would you leave? Like you always do when you're tired?"

"Yina..." he was left speechless.

"Having a baby won't fix our problems. Just because you're taking responsibility, doesn't make you a good person. You're gonna do what you're supposed to do," she started stepping closer to him. "You know that a child is forever, right? I can leave you anytime, but your blood will always run through our baby's veins."

"I haven't even met them yet, but I already know I'll love them..." he pulled Yina into his arms and warmly embraced her. "I'll make sure you won't have a hard during your pregnancy. I'll provide for us."

Yina let out a huge sigh of relief while crying out on Junhyuk's chest. I know she needed that. I'm glad he's doing what's right this time.

__________________________

Suji~

Same as usual, being a student mentor has been very stressful but rewarding. It's quite intimidating sometimes, since I know there are students who have more knowledge than me. However, I'm given such a great position to prove myself.

"The new mentor we have... she's damn hot!" I heard one of my students tell his friends and they all agreed. There's like five of them; the ones that kept staring weirdly at me during class.

"I wouldn't give her a break if she was mine. That damn body? She won't be able to walk." Another guy said. I immediately felt uncomfortable and my stomach began to turn. They're talking about me like I'm some piece of meat.

"I bet her tits can-" the dude fell hard on the floor from the impact of somebody's fist. Taehyun threw multiple punches across the guy's face and was about to throw another, when I then quickly ran over to stop him.

"It's fine, don't do it! I'm okay." I restricted him by holding both wrists, pulling him away from the guys.

"You assholes better watch what you're saying," his eyes were dark and full of anger. "If you fucking talk about anyone that way again or dare harass your mentor, I'll do anything to make sure each one of you gets punished."

Taehyun took me refuge into his dorm, giving me a glass of water and a padded blanket to keep me warm. I felt safe.

"Thank you." I gladly told him.

"Any decent being would help you out in that situation. They're your students, right? They only deserve the lowest marks possible." He clicked his tongue.

"I wish I could do that, but unfortunately those boys are doing well in class. They just lack having respect for women." I shook my head and he agreed.

"Let me know if they ever harass you again. They won't have it easy." He snickered and I smiled to myself.

He cares...

"Can we at least be friends?" I found the courage to finally ask.

______________________

I just got off work and I'm so drained arggg... also there's so much problems going on between my friend group:/ I haven't felt well lately and just feel so anxious...

Btw today is my birthday:(

Song: Daniel Caesar — Death & Taxes