12 | coincidence

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

"Suji's my new roommate. Isn't that such a crazy coincidence?" Dabin told me while we cuddled in my bed.

"I didn't even know she moved here," I took a large sigh. "Maybe I should befriend her... I may have been too hard on her last time."

"I'm proud of you," my girlfriend gave me a peck. "You've become very mature."

"It would have had to eventually happen," I caressed her face with my free hand. "I will become the best boyfriend you could ever have."

"That makes me really happy," she hugged me tightly while grinning. "Would you let me introduce Suji to some of my friends? If she's interested, of course."

"You don't have to ask me." I whispered. It's going to be alright... I don't want to lead her on anyways.

It would be best if she finds someone new.

____________________________

Suji~

"Do you want to go on blind dates? I have a couple of friends who are single and ready to mingle. I could set you up with a few." Dabin sat beside me on the couch and showed me profiles of the dudes.

All the guys she showed me were very attractive. One particular guy stood out to me, since we went to high school together. The one who helped me decode stuff when I got bullied... Choi Beomgyu.

"I know him." I broke into laughter once I saw his face. He definitely looks different now. Before, he wore thick black glasses and carried a bag that was bigger than him. Beomgyu was that typical computer geek who also believed in aliens. I remember him playing the electric guitar in our school band, so that's probably one of the reasons why Dabin knows him.

"That's even better! Should I contact him for you?" Her eyes fluttered as we looked at other pictures of Beomgyu. He's gotten really handsome and quite sophisticated. Got rid of the glasses and acquired amazing style.

"I mean... sure, I guess." I hesitated a bit, but gave in. I already told myself that I'm gonna move on.

I should.

___________________________

Suji~

I dolled myself up for my blind date- not really "blind", because I already know him. I usually only put makeup on when I have a meeting.

"You look so pretty! I wish I knew how to put makeup on." Dabin admired me while I spread some gloss over my lips.

"I can teach you, or even put some on you when you have any special occasion to attend." I assured her. Dabin's eyes lit up and became even more curious.

"That would be amazing! You're so sweet." She gratefully smiled at me with her eyes. There's really nothing to dislike about her; she's absolutely perfect.

I'm trying to go for an effortless look, while still maintaining some wow factor. Since it's a simple café date, I just wore an outfit similar to what I usually wear daily. White buttoned up shirt, and a matching brown checkered coat and skirt. I finished off the whole look with a brown bag.

Once I finally arrived to the destination, I waited a couple minutes for Beomgyu to get here. Time quickly passed, and it's already been half an hour. I felt a bit nervous at this point, so I just ordered ahead so that the staff wouldn't kick me out.

I had a couple of bites and sips of my order, looking around to see if he's near. I even tried to call and text him, but didn't get a respond. I started to feel bad about the whole thing, thinking that maybe he doesn't want someone like me.

I didn't realize that I already fell asleep, until one of the baristas woke me up because they're closing. I've been here for the past three hours.

Beomgyu stood me up.

I got up and began walking out of the café, when I then felt something drop down onto my face.

Gosh, now I'm crying?

I just feel so lonely... I want to meet new people and to move on. Today, all I felt was secondhand embarrassment and a sense of unworthiness. Such a crappy feeling.

Maybe I deserve this. Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself and I'm actually still not ready.

What's wrong with me?

___________________________

Song: Colde (콜드) — Please Love Me (사랑해줘)