5 | drunken truth

Suji~

Suji~

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head, laying down comfortably on Yina and Junhyuk's couch.

I looked over to the doorstep and noticed Taehyun getting ready to leave. He didn't even have breakfast or anything, and he seems to be in a rush.

Then like a wave of light, all the memories from last night came flashing back in my mind. I kissed him and he pushed me away. I fucked up.

I decided to just close my eyes and pretend to still be asleep.

His phone suddenly rang and Taehyun answered it on the first ring. I slightly opened one eye, but hid my face with a pillow to stay on the down low.

"I'll be home soon," he smiled while talking to the person on the phone. "Do you want anything for breakfast?"

It must be her.

Taehyun finished getting ready, then slowly and quietly left the apartment.

I felt empty again once he left. Ever since we broke up, I've felt this way. I've always thought success would be my first source of happiness, but I then quickly realized that's completely false. I only need him.

People are selfish. They want what they can't have, then neglect it once they do. Maybe if I appreciated him sooner... but I'm a complete asshole.

I got up with no energy left, even though I had a deep long slumber. My body is in a lot of pain, and I have a throbbing feeling in my head. I still managed to go to the kitchen and cook some soup for the couple and myself.

"Good morning!" Yina hugged me once she got up. She asked where Taehyun went and stuff, but I pretended as if I never saw him leave.

We ate in silence since everyone is still somewhat hungover. I'm the worst of all- because other than alcohol, I'm also still hungover the guy I broke up with eight months ago.

"That girl Taehyun was with yesterday... are they dating?" I asked the couple sheepishly and Yina's mouth dropped.

"You're a filthy liar! You said you wanted nothing to do with him, then all of a sudden you ask if he's dating someone? You also kissed Taehyun last night and told him that you still love him. Drunken truth, my sister." She patted my back.

"I did what?!" I pretended not to remember. It would be worst if they knew I could recall every single moment. "Just forget about it... I never asked."

___________________________

Taehyun~

"Hey, I'm glad you came." I let Dabin into my dorm, leading her to the dining area so we could have breakfast together.

"What happened last night?" She carefully asked me while digging in. We've only been friends for a while, but she's already someone I can truly be myself to.

"I saw my ex. She got drunk and kissed me... I thought I was doing okay," I scratched my head. "I don't know why she came back."

"You must still love her. Did you feel anything when she kissed you?" Other than Dabin being a great listener, she also gives great advices and input. She's very honest and doesn't sugarcoat.

"I was just really angry. I felt guilty, I also wanted to blame her... but I couldn't. Maybe I just want nothing to do with her anymore," I close my eyes and try to forget everything from yesterday. "I want to move on."

"You know, I actually got cheated on a year ago. We were together for six years... I loved him so much, but I've always felt something off. We lived together, but he always came home late- I started to suspect, which made him go fucking mad. It became abusive, and I wanted to get out so badly..." Dabin then showed me her bruises and scars. "He still watches me. In fact, he's trying to get back with me even after everything that happened. That's probably why I've constantly been living in fear..."

"I won't let him get to you again. I'll protect you from anyone that could possibly harm you." I pulled Dabin into a warm embrace, letting her cry on my shoulders. It comforted me as well.

"Will you go out with me?" She gazed at me in desperation. "Maybe if we're together, he'll start leaving me alone. You can also begin moving on from your ex. We can start off together."

___________________________

Song: Kim Dong Ryul (김동률) — Drunken Truth (취중진담) Cover by. Chen